What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Yeah that is surprising. I've heard horror stories about that 5cyl. A buddy of mine had one that was a v8 motor and tranny we're strong but everything else was falling apart around it. Lol
Maybe I've been lucky.......LOL.........that '04 I had didn't burn a drop of oil at 162,000 miles........the '05 my boy has now I believe has 82,000 miles on 'er and doesn't burn any oil........it's a Z71 but was a special order in 2WD........darn thing hauls a$$.........with premium gas we get in the mid 20s for mpg........figure he's gonna trade 'er off before too long.

My '16 Colorado had an issue with the vent valve to the gas tank......couldn't put gas into it.......2nd issue was the door ajar buzzer was going off.......stopped and shut all doors and it still was going off.......junk I say........got rid of it for the '17 TRDOR and couldn't be happier!

My '16 Colorado had an issue with the vent valve to the gas tank......couldn't put gas into it.......2nd issue was the door ajar buzzer was going off.......stopped and shut all doors and it still was going off.......junk I say........got rid of it for the '17 TRDOR and couldn't be happier!
Good choice [emoji16]

Good move.

Yep nothing wrong with that 5.3 though. Lol
Dad is getting his 2018 Silverado back tomorrow or wednesday with a new GM crate engine.......he blew the main bearing on the #3 cylinder a couple weeks ago with only 4.800 miles on it......filled the engine with copper/brass.......thought 'bout gettin him a Toyota hat for his birthday! LMAO

Yep nothing wrong with that 5.3 though. Lol

The last GM Truck I had was an electrical nightmare. Anything that could go wrong did. The same with a Traverse the wife had. They were comfortable with decent drive trains but they broke down continually. I’m sure it isn’t unique to me and a few others on the forum. GM makes a lot of junk.
I think their quality control is just very poor.

Drove 'er to work and back. On the way home there was a truck ahead of me and kicking up a rock now and then.......got tired of staying behind him so kicked the TRD in and passed him. Don't care what folks say about the 3.5L and tranny.....I passed him without issue pulling 3,400 RPMs and 75mph.

Back