What have you done to your Tacoma today?

I spent another day soaking in gas trying to get a fuel filter on my 3.4....this is day 3, I tried 2 duralasts and a wix, then broke down and went to the dealership and got an OEM. OEM one would t thread on the outlet side. After 3 hours I finally pulled the new one off again and looked at the threads. The pics are the new filter, pretty sure those dont lign up correctly. I put the old one back on, threaded easily and zero leaks....So I'll be going back to the dealership to see if they'll exchange it. Here's a pic of the chemical burns on my arm from the gas these last few days. If I can't figure this out tomorrow I'm just gonna take it in....of all the things a fuel filter has given me the hardest time. If anyone has View attachment 17968View attachment 17969View attachment 17970View attachment 17971
:eek: Ouch. Sorry man. What a pain in the arm!

I spent another day soaking in gas trying to get a fuel filter on my 3.4....this is day 3, I tried 2 duralasts and a wix, then broke down and went to the dealership and got an OEM. OEM one would t thread on the outlet side. After 3 hours I finally pulled the new one off again and looked at the threads. The pics are the new filter, pretty sure those dont lign up correctly. I put the old one back on, threaded easily and zero leaks....So I'll be going back to the dealership to see if they'll exchange it. Here's a pic of the chemical burns on my arm from the gas these last few days. If I can't figure this out tomorrow I'm just gonna take it in....of all the things a fuel filter has given me the hardest time. If anyone has View attachment 17968View attachment 17969View attachment 17970View attachment 17971

Wtf man, next time just light the fuel on ur arm. Dont let it seep into ur pores yo.

Jk, ive never had a reaction like that... changed a few dozen filters at lube shops and replaced my filter not too long ago.

Wtf man, next time just light the fuel on ur arm. Dont let it seep into ur pores yo.

Jk, ive never had a reaction like that... changed a few dozen filters at lube shops and replaced my filter not too long ago.
I have probably changed 20 if not more in my life. Never ever had issues like this. I would have been okay but I was soaking in gas for several hours the last few days. I just can't understand why the hell none of these will go on as easily as the stock one.

Kind of what I had in mind. Haha if it works F it.
It worked for about an hour. If you do this make sure you put on a new glove every few minutes over the last one. Once gas gets in its worthless. It worked well then a small bit got in. It's hot here so my arm was sweating and the gas burned almost immediately.

It worked for about an hour. If you do this make sure you put on a new glove every few minutes over the last one. Once gas gets in its worthless. It worked well then a small bit got in. It's hot here so my arm was sweating and the gas burned almost immediately.
Sucks

Back