What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Went to the dealership this afternoon and got the recall done on the blower motor. Old one was working fine but they went ahead and got me the updated one. Took 'em 2 1/2 months to get the new motor in.

Went to the dealership this afternoon and got the recall done on the blower motor. Old one was working fine but they went ahead and got me the updated one. Took 'em 2 1/2 months to get the new motor in.
Just a little wait. Nice to have stuff like that taken care of and behind you.

Dang. I didn’t know anything about a blower motor recall.... my truck doesn’t have any open recalls right now.

Dang. I didn’t know anything about a blower motor recall.... my truck doesn’t have any open recalls right now.
Title

Special Service Campaign J0N - Remedy Notice Certain 2016 - 2017 Model Year Tacoma HVAC Blower Motor

Status

Remedy Available

Description

There is a possibility that the blower motor fan hub in the involved vehicles was produced with improper dimensions. A blower motor fan hub with improper dimensions may develop a crack over time. If a vehicle is continuously operated with this condition, the damage may worsen, leading to an abnormal noise and eventually an inoperable blower motor fan.

Remedy

Toyota will send an owner notification by first class mail starting in early September 2018, advising owners to make an appointment with their authorized Toyota dealer to have the blower motor and fan assembly replaced at NO CHARGE.

Title

Special Service Campaign J0N - Remedy Notice Certain 2016 - 2017 Model Year Tacoma HVAC Blower Motor

Status

Remedy Available

Description

There is a possibility that the blower motor fan hub in the involved vehicles was produced with improper dimensions. A blower motor fan hub with improper dimensions may develop a crack over time. If a vehicle is continuously operated with this condition, the damage may worsen, leading to an abnormal noise and eventually an inoperable blower motor fan.

Remedy

Toyota will send an owner notification by first class mail starting in early September 2018, advising owners to make an appointment with their authorized Toyota dealer to have the blower motor and fan assembly replaced at NO CHARGE.
News to me! Guess I'll keep my eye on the ole mail box. Thanks B-man.

Title

Status

Remedy Available

Description

Remedy

Thanks buddy.

Back