What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by ae111black, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Finally got around to changing the rest of the fluids yesterday; diffs, transfer and trans...
    I'm at 28,xxx miles and am really glad I changed the rear diff, at the very least, as it was foamy, milky (although showed no signs of water being mixed)very thin... didn't even look like gear oil at all to me. 0_o

The day before I changed the engine oil, had about 6,500 miles on it and smelled and looked like it was overdue already. Gotta keep closer to that 5,000 mark...

texasred, OR17TRD, kp.taco and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

That's not bad.

texasred and B-Man like this.
  4. kp.taco

I always do the oil at 5k. I bought my truck with 89k miles or so on it.. I changed front & rear diff, trans case at 100k and it looked pretty clean. I don't know how long it was in there though. I'm at 112k now so should be good for a little while. Still gotta do the tranny though.

5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Wow. I see you’ve moved on from the Brony thing into transvestites.
    This is a family friendly forum @kp.taco.
    We don’t judge your personal choices but keep it PG.

texasred, B-Man, n7narcosis and 3 others like this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

80DD2453-EDF3-421F-8CE8-8950BAC760CA.gif

texasred, B-Man, DEERTAY and 3 others like this.
  7. kp.taco

Damn bully

B-Man, OR17TRD, DEERTAY and 2 others like this.
  8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Hey man. I’m not bullying you. I said we support you. Just keep it family friendly.
    Lol

B-Man, DEERTAY, n7narcosis and 2 others like this.
  9. kp.taco

u Rascal whore.. Haha sorry I had to. I'm literally almost in tears laughing

Crawdad, texasred, B-Man and 3 others like this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha

texasred, B-Man and kp.taco like this.
  11. kp.taco

Haha I don't know what that guys deal was but he was strange.

12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yessir it was

13. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

Great!

I finally get the courage to toss out a brony meme and now I have to look for something about Sheman and the Masters of the Universe.

OR17TRD, kp.taco, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  14. kp.taco

Took her and washed all the salt off from the recent snow/ice. Salt is the number 1 cause of Tacoma deaths .. Looks pretty good for a 10 year old truck. 20190209_144902.jpeg

Atomic Diesel, Crawdad, Toki and 5 others like this.
  15. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It does look good.
    I cleaned mine inside and out yesterday. It was filthy.

Toki, OR17TRD, kp.taco and 2 others like this.
  16. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

So, as much as I liked the look of my truck with the front spoiler removed, it seemed like the little beast got tossed around at highway speeds. This past weekend I decided to pu the spoiler back on and see if it made a noticeable difference. It does make a difference at highway speeds (70 - 80 MPH). Add 15 to 30 MPH winds on top of that and other road conditions (bridge crosswinds etc.) and you may want to think twice about removing the spoiler. In my opinion anyway, take it for what you want.

17. geekyadam

geekyadam Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about putting mine back on literally only because I can't sell it and it's taking up space in my garage. Beats throwing it out...

Scott Wyman, B-Man and texasred like this.
  18. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Plugs yesterday, battery tender hooked up today.
    All 6 plugs were fouled, but i am pretty sure i know why. Atleast they are not in pieces, and are uniformly fouled.
    20190219_195136.jpg 20190220_153517.jpg

OR17TRD, Bogunn, Toki and 6 others like this.
  19. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

With it installed I actually have better contact with the road at highway speeds.

geekyadam, B-Man and texasred like this.
  20. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

I haven’t noticed that on rocket trips around the loop here at 70 or so, but it’s not for extended periods. I’ll check it out next road trip.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Fixing up the sport.

B-Man, Scott Wyman and texasred like this.