What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Changed the oil today! My first oil change on the truck since I got it...the easiest oil change I have ever done, I was quite impressed. Also washed and detailed the interior with mother's quick detailer, she's looking sharp!

Changed the oil today! My first oil change on the truck since I got it...the easiest oil change I have ever done, I was quite impressed. Also washed and detailed the interior with mother's quick detailer, she's looking sharp!
Do yourself a favor. Get a 3' piece of 5/16" vac hose from your local parts house and before you remove your filter attach it to the oil filter housing nipple and route it down to your drain pan. It would make it even easier and that much less messy!

well it wasnt today but here is what we did saturday.....does this still fit in this thread?ha ha ha

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZoCNCxvGL0"]EngageOffRoad Pre Runner Testing 4 Link Kit Barstow Main 002 - YouTube[/ame]

Do yourself a favor. Get a 3' piece of 5/16" vac hose from your local parts house and before you remove your filter attach it to the oil filter housing nipple and route it down to your drain pan. It would make it even easier and that much less messy!

5/16" doesn't fit mine way to small nor does 3/8" just checked, looks like 7/16" hose for me. I'm missing the little T nipple.

Only thing I did today with the Taco was fill her up at $3.27 a gal, and bought the rest of my gear oil 5 more quarts to do all my changes. I did do the tailgate mod clamp with heat shrink and washers & locktite then proceeded to lose my T40 screw bit :furious:
I'll be picking up a new one at sears tomorrow, this time I'm getting a 3/8" drive socket $4. Done with the little screwdriver bits! I dropped that one 5 times last time after I was done I couldn't find where it landed. It kept popping out of the screwdriver and bouncing under the truck. I probably have 2~3 more in my several tool boxes, I need to go thru all them and see just what I have. That's what happens when you inherit tools. You get tons of duplicates.

Yeah I wish I had thought of that. Most of it ended up in the skid plate, but I grabbed a small plastic container that collected the rest of the runoff. fortunately the skid plate was very easy to remove.

My truck started pulling to the drivers side yesterday when braking. I'm hoping it's just a stuck slide pin in the brake pad but if not I'll have to replace the calipers. Luckily I have an extra set.

well here's a little work were doing for a fellow TF member since he's busy at work

Once Chase Trucks Start Getting Prep'd....Baja is around the corner
picture.php

picture.php

Changing out Unibals, Heims & adding Race studs....truck needed a little love after 4 years of use
picture.php

Rear needed, new axle bearings, seals and a bolt prep
picture.php

Today I stopped and bought some LSD additive, the final piece for my upcoming gear oil changes and then crawled under her and blasted all the fill and drain plugs with Liquid Wrench. Something odd I found on the fill plugs of the rear differential and the manual trans fill plug was a blue line painted with something like hardened wax from the nut to the casing. The front differential and transfer case plugs didn't have this. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post, maybe someone will know what this is. I wonder if it was done at the factory when built. Only plug with rust was the rear differential drain plug. When I do the change I'll clean it up and give it a shot of undercoating before I reinstall. I did check my sockets on them and found that the 15/16 6 point socket fits tight and snug whereas the 24MM 12 point socket was loose and had play, so will be using the 15/16 6 point. Don't need a strip plug.

well not today but here is mohawks truck after a full day of prep yesterday

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
View attachment 299 my chase rack being test fitted at my welders house (on his wife's tacoma) can't wait till its done!

HA HA....Awesome....their "Twinzies"....one is just has Tatooes...HA HA HA

mike's truck

those cantis

so damn sexy

yeah we did a cantilever set up on his truck to retain bed space for spare tires and gear....truck handles great and is a fun little toy on the Non-Racing weekends:thumbsup:

HA HA....Awesome....their "Twinzies"....one is just has Tatooes...HA HA HA

yeah we did a cantilever set up on his truck to retain bed space for spare tires and gear....truck handles great and is a fun little toy on the Non-Racing weekends:thumbsup:

Haha! yes..... actually your truck was insperation for my rack! although im mounting to the bed rail.

Haha! yes..... actually your truck was insperation for my rack! although im mounting to the bed rail.

thats awesome man....yeah the bed on ours has seen better days so we just made bolt on mounts directly to the chassis....this way Mohawk feels safer also while hes doing his "photog" stuff and taking great shots of the trucks during the races:thumbsup:

Back