What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Busted my front bumper today. Those puddles had a lot thicker ice than it seemed.
Trying to decide if I wanna bite the bullet and get an aluminum or steel off-road grill guard or just replace the OEM plastic bumper cover.
-Anyone have any good deals on a good front bumper?
-Should I go steal or aluminum?
-Any advantages to just getting the replacement part?
-Any chance this could be covered in my warranty?
PS:
Sorry for the pic quality. Best I could get tonightView attachment 14761View attachment 14762View attachment 14764
Warranty won’t cover oops.
Steal is better than aluminum.
What did you hit after sliding on a puddle of ice?

Reactions: DTC
Warranty won’t cover oops.
Steal is better than aluminum.
What did you hit after sliding on a puddle of ice?
Didn't think so
I figured. But wasn't sure if aluminum might be better weight-wise so I'm not getting too heavy up front since I'm not quite ready for new suspension yet. Definitely want protection though steal is less expensive too.

I was breaking through the ice with my tires. Then the puddles got deeper and the bumper took a few knocks on thicker chunks of ice. Pushed the vent section in, cracked the right corner, and pushed back the fog light housing.

Been eyeballing them myself, how do you like them?

5 inches of snow is gone and the 4 windchill is no more after 4 days. Now we’ve got 60 degree weather so I plan on putting them on today. I’ll post pictures once I get it finished. Arkansas weather

Last edited:
IMG_3855.jpgIMG_3854.jpg

So much bending and stretching for the front seats but the back seats went on like a champ. I can hardly tell they’re seat covers. These I’ll only use during hunting season then back to my leather seats. Love it and goes well with the caramel on the dash and doors.

They’re snug but I could of made them tighter if I wanted but I’m satisfied. They could of put another clip on the corner seat portion in the back seat so wouldn’t look like it’s just hanging there but no biggie. I’ll probably get some Velcro tighten it that way. IMG_3856.jpg

sPOD install complete! Video coming soon but here a quick teaser: *I've still got a few of these "Tacomaholic" patches for sale too. PM me if you are interested.

20180121_142653.jpg

Didn't think so
I figured. But wasn't sure if aluminum might be better weight-wise so I'm not getting too heavy up front since I'm not quite ready for new suspension yet. Definitely want protection though steal is less expensive too.

I was breaking through the ice with my tires. Then the puddles got deeper and the bumper took a few knocks on thicker chunks of ice. Pushed the vent section in, cracked the right corner, and pushed back the fog light housing.
Aluminum is certainly lighter, but get steel if you ever plan on going offroad. ;)

Ok good to know. Was kinda leaning that way
b49eeba0b7ea5a0f63eb4f9cfaf43439877766abc16b4fe9edc2ff2e08abc1e9.jpg

I found this bed rack abandoned on the mesa when I was out playing yesterday. (I don’t understand idiots who dump crap anywhere, when it’s just $4 to go to a local dump but that’s a rant I won’t get into.) Anyway, it mounted easily but I don’t think I want to keep it. Any idea what I should ask for it?IMG_2280.jpgIMG_2282.jpgIMG_2281.jpg

Back