What tire do you y’all prefer mud terrain or all terrain? For the sand and on 3in Tacoma

I’m probably going to go BFG KM3 on my next tire. I have the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac right now and would recommend it for a hybrid tire. If I don’t do the KM3 I will stick with the Wrangler DuraTrac. I see a lot of people like the Nitto ridge grappler for a hybrid as well. But, I’ve been told they like to pick up rocks and throw them. I had the Nitto Trail grappler for a while. It’s a good mud tire but it’s loud on the road.

I’m probably going to go BFG KM3 on my next tire. I have the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac right now and would recommend it for a hybrid tire. If I don’t do the KM3 I will stick with the Wrangler DuraTrac. I see a lot of people like the Nitto ridge grappler for a hybrid as well. But, I’ve been told they like to pick up rocks and throw them. I had the Nitto Trail grappler for a while. It’s a good mud tire but it’s loud on the road.

I’ve thought the same thing. But I’m thinking about trying those Yokohama MT G003s next. Love my Wildpeak AT3Ws but I’m ready to take the next step.

I’ve thought the same thing. But I’m thinking about trying those Yokohama MT G003s next. Love my Wildpeak AT3Ws but I’m ready to take the next step.

Yeah I have good Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial - LT265/75R16 but I been seeing everyone with MT on the sand

Yeah I have good Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial - LT265/75R16 but I been seeing everyone with MT on the sand

Personally, I never drive on sand so don’t take my advice without verifying. But just thinking about it. I feel like an aggressive tread would grip more but might also dig more in the sand. So I think pressure and tire size would be the biggest key for sand. I’ll see if I can find a video on it. I watched some Aussie 4wd channel on YouTube that explained it very well but I may be misremembering the consensus they came to.

Currently riding on a set of Laufenn X-Fit AT P245/75R16 stock size on my 2017 Tacoma SR5. These tire worked well on my 2009 Tacoma... get for snow and state gameland roads here in NE Pennsylvania. I'm guessing you will need bigger more aggressive tires for sand.

Back