What's the bright idea?

Taco_Truck

A little play on words here haha. There are only a few things on the truck from factory that bug me, the OEM halogens being one of them. So I've upgraded to these HIDs from headlightexperts.com. read a few other forums raving about quality to price ratio so for 62$ shipped to my door I went for it and am very pleased. Before and after:20180907_165848.jpeg20180907_202017.jpeg20180913_063126.jpeg20180907_202038.jpeg20180913_063115.jpeg20180907_202044.jpeg20180913_063136.jpeg

Ok boys and girls, about these lights.....I have heard but yet to verify, that the LED is not suitable for the projector (low) beam. Something to do with jacking up the beam pattern. I know the HIDs are good to go, but I would like to avoid mixing LED and HID. As an aside, I just changed over my youngest boy's 01 GMC to LEDs....sweet jeebus them thangs are powerful!

Ok boys and girls, about these lights.....I have heard but yet to verify, that the LED is not suitable for the projector (low) beam. Something to do with jacking up the beam pattern. I know the HIDs are good to go, but I would like to avoid mixing LED and HID. As an aside, I just changed over my youngest boy's 01 GMC to LEDs....sweet jeebus them thangs are powerful!
From all the research Ive done, it has to do with shape, type, and placement of led chips. HIDs, for the most part, are good. I recently ordered Xenon Depots LED low beam set up. Waiting for delivery. I had factory hids in my F150 I traded, awesome. I have leds in my Impala, also much better than stock. So, Im hoping led tech has improved.

My boy bought the LEDs for his GMC, and they are plug and play. The base is actually adjustable, so you can twist the bulb after installation to get the best beam pattern. My only real concern now is A) are they DOT approved, and B) will they melt the paint off my tailgate if he is behind me

Back