Whats your gut

Hotdog

Hey guys, Im looking to get a 4X4 pickup and at my price range options with reliable potential are limited. I am looking at buying a 2001 tacoma TRD with SR5. Its a beautiful truck very well kept but has 212k miles. Recently had the timing belt service and some nice new BF goodrich tires. They are asking 10 grand for it. I am really torn because on one hand this truck has obviously been pamperd for most of its life, but the miles...... I would love your input/experience good or bad thanks!

Yotas last forever if you baby them, but 212k is a lot of miles even if it's low mileage for that year. And for double that or even less you can get a 2007 or 2008 with a quarter of the miles. Just depends if it'll be a daily driver or a Sunday fun day truck

Hey guys, Im looking to get a 4X4 pickup and at my price range options with reliable potential are limited. I am looking at buying a 2001 tacoma TRD with SR5. Its a beautiful truck very well kept but has 212k miles. Recently had the timing belt service and some nice new BF goodrich tires. They are asking 10 grand for it. I am really torn because on one hand this truck has obviously been pamperd for most of its life, but the miles...... I would love your input/experience good or bad thanks!
Price is a bit high honestly, id do it if tou could get hime down to like 6500 or 7000

Well I got it! I was only able to get them to take off a thousand but I also had 4500 on my trade in. so im out the door with this truck with only 4500 out of pocket. I forgot to mention it has the supercharge but with this mileage im not looking to push that feature much lol. Its a beautiful truck I'm happy. Even if in a couple years I have to put an engine in it I feel better about doing that with this truck over the colorado I had. which by the way was going to have to happen.

Well I got it! I was only able to get them to take off a thousand but I also had 4500 on my trade in. so im out the door with this truck with only 4500 out of pocket. I forgot to mention it has the supercharge but with this mileage im not looking to push that feature much lol. Its a beautiful truck I'm happy. Even if in a couple years I have to put an engine in it I feel better about doing that with this truck over the colorado I had. which by the way was going to have to happen.
Nice truck man

Here she is! so far this is the only pic I have
Looks good. Congrats. If it makes you feels better I had a 97 reg cab 4x4. Bought it with 42k and sold it with almost 300k on it. Only thing besides normal maintenance was a front main seal. That's it. Try to find out when the S/C was put on. If it was with low mileage then your good. See if it was taken care of and maintained as well.

I discovered the S/C was put on by toyota at point of original sale as added package.The frame has also been replaced by toyota last year for a recall I believe. It looks good underneath but there are a few points of rust I would like to address. Any tips on rust remediation?

I discovered the S/C was put on by toyota at point of original sale as added package.The frame has also been replaced by toyota last year for a recall I believe. It looks good underneath but there are a few points of rust I would like to address. Any tips on rust remediation?
Nice. Always a bonus. As for fixing the rust. Depends how bad. Take it to a shop and see what they say. Maybe something you can take care of on your own.

Id take it to toyota if they did change frame it shouldnt be rusting already, if get the rust adressed then bed liner your frame

Back