What's Your Tacoma's MPG

I don't think 17 MPG for a 4x4 is that off. If I was going to guess I'd have said 18 MPG for that truck so 17 sounds about right.

Are you a manual? they tend to get less MPG, to make you feel better im getting 14MPG with my mods. probably less now.

Ouch! With the price of Gas in CA that must really suck. Do you have a long commute?

Ouch! With the price of Gas in CA that must really suck. Do you have a long commute?

Nah 20-25 miles, Im out of country most the year so when i get home the gas isn't bad for the little time i'm there. Not to mention I drive the dirt trails to work everyday so that could contribute to the 14MPG.

Im looking for a beater car that gets decent MPG anyways.

I think Im getting about 18mpg. If I fill up when the light comes at 310 miles, I fill up about 17.5 gallons. Not going to complain, I'm getting about the same when I had my s10 and that was much smaller than the tacoma.

I average between 13.5 - 15. I have a short commute that's all stop and go. Yay for the 6 speed! :w00t:

I am at about 17 mpg and I have 70 mile daily commute. I am kicking around the idea of picking up a commuter car, only 2 payments left on my truck. I can not go with no type of payment right? :laughing:

I was averaging 18-19 with the summer gas occasionally hitting 20. With the winter formula I would drop to 18 and rarely get any better, sometimes dropping to 17.5.

Right now I seem to stay around 18 even after my 5100's. I'm curious to see if I improve much with the summer formula after leveling my truck.

I drive easy. My wife says I drive like an old man. :blush:

15 if the tank is almost all street driving.
17 if its at least 50% highway.
17.5-18 for 100% highway.

I'm a DCSB 2wd. But have aftermarket wheels and tires though so that doesn't help.

I'm about 15/16 mpg. I really want a bigger fuel tank. Because 240-260 miles a tank kinda sucks.

When I had my 2006 tacoma I could fill up with 21 gallons. With my 2012 I have never been able to put over 17 gallons even though it is a 21 gallon tank.

I've never got more then 16.5 gallons in. And I spend a lot of time on the road. I'm open to any suggestions to boost my mpg.

Back