Wheel fitting issue

taco John

Hi guys, so i plan on getting some method racing wheels real soon, only issue I have is that I have Trd sport Tacoma and they come with 17' in wheels. I wanna get 16'in method wheels but I've heard from someone that Trd sport Tacoma's have bigger brake calipers and can't fit 16' wheels. Is this true?

Hi guys, so i plan on getting some method racing wheels real soon, only issue I have is that I have Trd sport Tacoma and they come with 17' in wheels. I wanna get 16'in method wheels but I've heard from someone that Trd sport Tacoma's have bigger brake calipers and can't fit 16' wheels. Is this true?
I'm not sure about the Trd calipers but I bought American racing 16x8 wheels and they rubbed the calipers. I just solved it by getting wheel spacers. I know people get 16x8 wheels without issues but for me it wasn't the case

http://www.tacomaforum.com/threads/bigger-brake-caliper-in-trd-sports.3946/

Best answer i seen is where the guy says to check part numbers.
If all 6lugs have same caliper part number, well thats all u need to know right?
Call ur local dealership, look online for calipers and compare part numbers?

Back