user458

Registered Users
Today I'm gonna plasti dip my wheels
Or paint my brake rotors. Wheels black
Rotors blue. If I had jack stands I'd get
The wheels and rotors done. Yes I'll
Post pics. I've watched a lot of YouTube
On this so I think I got it covered.

Also when you dip your wheels, make sure you clean them extremely well, and make sure they are completely dry. And make sure you cover the whole wheel in dip with at least 4 coats. My friend didn't cover his very well so it started to peel.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1382214958.374807.jpg
The first hour I thought I was gonna die. The Florida sun takes no prisoners. Now that I know what I'm doing, if I had 4 jack stands I could do this in a day

I have 2 friends of mine who dipped their rims. Both have had them dipped about 2 years ago with the original paint job. So plasti dip can hold up for a considerable amount of time. You may have to touch up here and there after some trial riding, but that is to be expected.
I just dipped mine about 2 weeks ago so we'll see how it holds up to Wisconsin winters!

Last edited:
Also when you dip your wheels, make sure you clean them extremely well, and make sure they are completely dry. And make sure you cover the whole wheel in dip with at least 4 coats. My friend didn't cover his very well so it started to peel.

I had to learn the hard way. Today
I had to peel the 2 wheels I did
Yesterday. My brake calipers came out
Nice. But I think it's okay to screw up
On my first 2 wheels to figure out
What I'm doing

Might as well use real paint on the wheels. It will hold up much better than derp.

I thought about that. But if they hold
Up like they claim, then I can just
Peel them when I want. BUT,,, on the
Other hand I can't think of another
Color other than black that I'd want.
I'll either like em or I'll learn the hard
Way. At which point I will go with real
Paint

Tacoma brake calipers are the easiest
Thing in the world to paint . A few
Strips of tape is all that's needed

Also just so you know, any cleaner with citrus will melt the dip and you can just wash it off with a hose. Orange goo gone spray works the best.

Back