Which Taco should I get

chadley

Hi all

I’ve had a 4 runner forever and want to switch over to a taco. The goal of the taco will be to create an overland toy. First thing first though-which trim is best to start with.

Long bed Vs Short bed? What are pros and cons

Def want a sunroof

What is the max lift I can put on it without adjusting brakes or suspension?

Thx.

Hi all

I’ve had a 4 runner forever and want to switch over to a taco. The goal of the taco will be to create an overland toy. First thing first though-which trim is best to start with.

Def want a sunroof

Thx.
Welcome to the forum.
DC long bed off-road. 3” lift is the most

Short wheel base is better off road so acess cab long bed or double cab short bed. Trd off road is a good start. Trd pro is good if you have the extra money and don't want to modify suspension. honestly for the extra cost of the pro you could upgrade the off road suspension to something better than what the pro comes with and have enough left over to buy a rtt.

Hi all

Def want a sunroof

Thx.
I’ll sale you mine :D

Does the off road come with a hood scoop or is that only on the sport?

I agree on the long bed. Want to be able to put my bike in the back.

Thanks everyone.
Hood scoop is on the pro and the sport but you can’t get a long bed in the pro. The only one that has all the off-road features of the pro in a long bed is the off road auto.
Off-road has the crawl control, rear locker and MTS in the auto. Manual has the rear locker.

Does the off road come with a hood scoop or is that only on the sport?

I agree on the long bed. Want to be able to put my bike in the back.

Thanks everyone.

Nope. The non functional hood scoop only comes on the Sport and Pro. If you want a long bed that looks cool you gotta get the Sport.
It’s all about the skewp. [emoji41]

Thanks Tacoma Royalty.

Related, is there a site they sells “only” modified Tacoma’s or is just a function of searching craigslist locally?

I see a few Landrover restoration sites. Is there something like that for Taco’s?

Hey All- I’m back to let you know I just found a cement pro. 33K miles and it is sweet. Pics to follow. $36K. Wish it had sunroof but color and extras are worth it.

There are a lot of varying opinions. If you're planning on doing overlanding mods, you're likely to find that any trim level will suit your needs. There are definitely some clowns who think that the offroad is the only trim level that can handle being off the country club blvd, and that the sport is the equivalent of a PT cruiser. You'll find in your research that this isn't the case, and that any TRD trim level is going to be fully capable of handling what you throw at it, especially if you're modifying your truck to overland (lift, tires, sliders etc). Moral of the story: you probably can't go wrong. Pick what you like.

Back