Which tires should I go with?

turnerTRD

Bout to have to get some new shoes on the yota, it's a 2008 taco dcsb trd sport with 3 inch lift, I have the mastercraft mxt right now. My tire guy can get good prices on toyo and yokahama. I like the new toyo rugged trail tires but haven't heard alot about them yet, so my question is out the 3 tires I'm about to say what would yall go with. Toyo mt, new toyo rugged trail, or the new yokahama geolander g003 mt.

Bout to have to get some new shoes on the yota, it's a 2008 taco dcsb trd sport with 3 inch lift, I have the mastercraft mxt right now. My tire guy can get good prices on toyo and yokahama. I like the new toyo rugged trail tires but haven't heard alot about them yet, so my question is out the 3 tires I'm about to say what would yall go with. Toyo mt, new toyo rugged trail, or the new yokahama geolander g003 mt.

I got Duratrac 265/70/17’s on my 2012 taco and they look and ride damn fine; I get compliments on them all the time

I got Duratrac 265/70/17’s on my 2012 taco and they look and ride damn fine; I get compliments on them all the time

I got told by a coworker that should get these but I read reviews and 60% of them say bad mileage and that they have to replace soon.

I got told by a coworker that should get these but I read reviews and 60% of them say bad mileage and that they have to replace soon.
How many of those reviews were upgrading tire size and or load rating at the same time as installing tracs?

Ive seen no change in mpg going from 265/75/16 load range c destinations, authoritys, or silent armors, to 265/75/16 load range c tracs.

How many of those reviews were upgrading tire size and or load rating at the same time as installing tracs?

Ive seen no change in mpg going from 265/75/16 load range c destinations, authoritys, or silent armors, to 265/75/16 load range c tracs.

I’m not talking about MPG’s. I was meaning that they don’t last very long

I am a fan of the Toyo's (but I might be biased as I work for a division of Toyo Tire & Rubber)...... I ran the M/T's on a 06 Jeep Wrangler and had good wear out of them and they were relatively quite... for a mud tire anyway. The R/T's look good as well and look like a better blend of on/off highway use.

I was looking at the rugged trail myself. I don’t really need a more aggressive mud tire though.

Back