Whistling mirror !

Cape taco

20180923_090531.jpg Hey guys just came back from 800 mile weekend trip to lake George new York and on the highway around 70 - 80 got a whistle .I think from mirror , like blowing over the top of a beer bottle ? WTF ! Only on drivers side any cures for this it was driving me &;:,:/=,(££× . nuts ! Got great gas mileage though in 5th gear didn't use 6th to much gear hunting on hills !
How do I fix this ? Thanx

Last edited:
View attachment 21104 Hey guys just came back from 800 mile weekend trip to lake George new York and on the highway around 70 - 80 got a whistle .I think from mirror , like blowing over the top of a beer bottle ? WTF ! Only on drivers side any cures for this it was driving me &;:,:/=,(££× . nuts ! Got great gas mileage though in 5th gear didn't use 6th to much gear hunting on hills !
How do I fix this ? Thanx

There is a tsb for control arm whistle they just put a plug in the hole but might be worth looking into.

https://www.toyoheadquarters.com/threads/2016-toyota-tacoma-howling-noise-35-45-mph.662/
^ this is most likely what it is. Mine did the same thing. They plugged the arm hole and hasn’t happened again.

If it sounds like the noise is coming from the mirror it is most likely the door seal. My truck did the same thing but the dealer was able to fix it. There is a TSB for this issue.

Back