Whistling sound

jac0899

I pressure washed my engine lightly with it running and a couple days after a whistling sound started coming from what seems like the driver side air conditioning in the middle section whenever I floor it or pick up speed. It's very subtle but it's driving me crazy... Any ideas what's happening?

Have you noticed any loss in MPGs? For my truck, it seems like there's a broken seal or cracked hose that's letting air pressure out. I'm tempted to see if a diagnostic check will reveal the issue, but it's a bit spendy if nothing is wrong (even though I know something is wrong)

Have you checked intake and manifold gaskets? I know on my work truck(not that this will help but kinda the same thing) the nuts holding the turbo to the exhaust manifold came loose and it whistled like there was no tomorrow. Tightened them up and it stopped. It only did it when I gave it fuel. Just a thought for you guys.

AAMCO does free diagnostic checks
Doing it soon in hopes that I can resolve this issue once and for all

Last edited:
I got a diagnostic check done on my truck yesterday. They found nothing, which gets me nowhere. They said I could get a flash done on my taco to see if that changes anything. This situation is becoming quite the enigma...

Last edited:
Back