White paint match

waxcrazy

Got nailed by a hit and run the other night... bedside needs to be replaced...just wondering if anyone else in white had to have repaint done and were you satisfied with the match...I know white can be tough to match...any Input appreciated...I am a total anal with my truck and sick to my stomach on how it will match...Taking it to the best shop in the area so I got my fingers crossed... guess I need a calming voice of reassurance...Sucks that it will have a Carfax report against it now...wrong on so many levels

Got nailed by a hit and run the other night... bedside needs to be replaced...just wondering if anyone else in white had to have repaint done and were you satisfied with the match...I know white can be tough to match...any Input appreciated...I am a total anal with my truck and sick to my stomach on how it will match...Taking it to the best shop in the area so I got my fingers crossed... guess I need a calming voice of reassurance...Sucks that it will have a Carfax report against it now...wrong on so many levels
Sorry man. I love white tacos. Always have. I feel for you. This may help you feel better. Repair shops have to fix it until you're satisfied. I hope it all works out.

You can get your insurance company to cut a check for the diminished value (DV) After it's fixed. If they won't do it when you ask there are people who will charge about $300 and write up a report and submit it to the insurance company.
Someone I known just did this. He got about $2800. $38000 vehicle. You are only able to do it on the first accident claim on a vehicle. If the vehicle has any priors they won't do anything for you.
Hope you don't have State Farm they are the hardest to get DV from.
Something to look into.

You can get your insurance company to cut a check for the diminished value (DV) After it's fixed. If they won't do it when you ask there are people who will charge about $300 and write up a report and submit it to the insurance company.
Someone I known just did this. He got about $2800. $38000 vehicle. You are only able to do it on the first accident claim on a vehicle. If the vehicle has any priors they won't do anything for you.
Hope you don't have State Farm they are the hardest to get DV from.
Something to look into.

Good to know. Thank you for this tip. Too bad I have state farm. Bum ba bum ba bum~

Each state has different laws for DV and is usually not considered until repairs have been complete. In WV, the vehicle must sustain structural damage that could effect the future use of the vehicle. Choose a reputable shop and color match should not be an issue.

Back