Why did you buy a Tacoma?

Yup, just got a 2015 Dble Cab short bed TRD Spt 4x4. Looking to lift it and get some swamper type rubber. No rush, and enjoy reading (and dreaming) about the possibilities on this site. Important thing is that my pit bull will now be slobbering on the bedliner versus my RX330's dash.

Yup, just got a 2015 Dble Cab short bed TRD Spt 4x4. Looking to lift it and get some swamper type rubber. No rush, and enjoy reading (and dreaming) about the possibilities on this site. Important thing is that my pit bull will now be slobbering on the bedliner versus my RX330's dash.
If put a bed mat in so he/she doesn't slide around.

I purchased my first Tacoma (2003) Trd Sr5 Off-road Double cab in 2006 with 72,350 mile on it for 16,750.00 I had the timing belt water pump and thermostat replaced when I purchased it. Need less to say I kept the truck for 10 years and by the time I was done with It I had 7 water pump themastats and 1 alternators 2 starters and 2 batteries I believe 3 brake changes in rear and 5 in front , also around 5 transaxle flushes 5 sets of BFG S . I sold the truck to my cousin for 3500.00 earlier this year and was my daily commuter to Denver from Colorado Springs for work 10 (he still has and uses it everyday) needless to say the truck has 847,000 miles on her today and still runs like a champ. That Tacoma gave me the dependability AND RELIABILITY I was hoping for Best darn truck I ever had so I purchased a 2015 SR5 4x4 in July of this year. It is an excellent commuter truck and I have 24 inch street tires ( I know you all don't care for the wheels) But I get excellent fuel economy as I enhance still using it to commute back and forth to Denver. I was really missing the Off-road Package so now that I retired I Went ahead and bought the New 2016 Trd Off-road and I am simply convinced that the Chevrolet guys just sit and stare me down at the Traffic lights in either truck. Bottom line is In 2005 I had a Chevrolet Colorado and it was simply a POS. BROKE DOWN AT LEAST 3 times in less than 5 weeks of ownership so I traded it off for the 2003 and It was simply best truck on market. And unbelievable dependability. So here are the pics of the trucks. I still have factory window stickers with Msrp prices they were asking for them if you are curious as to why.

2003 Tacoma dblcab Trd Sr5 off-road
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1446109784.730844.jpg

2015 Sr5 double cab 4x4
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1446109867.718736.jpg

2016 Tacoma Rd Off-road Dbl cab
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1446109951.342279.jpg
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1446109966.811067.jpg

Bottom line is most dependable trucks with least amount of maintenance during ownership. Why buy an inferior truck when you can have the best for a few extra G's. It just takes common sense . Lastly Resale value is almost 3 x higher than any other truck on the market. Any questions please feel free to ask. However I think this pretty much settles as to the reason I buy Toyota Trucks They cannot be beaten in any category or clas.. Thanks for reading complete post

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

I purchased my first Tacoma (2003) Trd Sr5 Off-road Double cab in 2006 with 72,350 mile on it for 16,750.00 I had the timing belt water pump and thermostat replaced when I purchased it. Need less to say I kept the truck for 10 years and by the time I was done with It I had 7 water pump themastats and 1 alternators 2 starters and 2 batteries I believe 3 brake changes in rear and 5 in front , also around 5 transaxle flushes 5 sets of BFG S . I sold the truck to my cousin for 3500.00 earlier this year and was my daily commuter to Denver from Colorado Springs for work 10 (he still has and uses it everyday) needless to say the truck has 847,000 miles on her today and still runs like a champ. That Tacoma gave me the dependability AND RELIABILITY I was hoping for Best darn truck I ever had so I purchased a 2015 SR5 4x4 in July of this year. It is an excellent commuter truck and I have 24 inch street tires ( I know you all don't care for the wheels) But I get excellent fuel economy as I enhance still using it to commute back and forth to Denver. I was really missing the Off-road Package so now that I retired I Went ahead and bought the New 2016 Trd Off-road and I am simply convinced that the Chevrolet guys just sit and stare me down at the Traffic lights in either truck. Bottom line is In 2005 I had a Chevrolet Colorado and it was simply a POS. BROKE DOWN AT LEAST 3 times in less than 5 weeks of ownership so I traded it off for the 2003 and It was simply best truck on market. And unbelievable dependability. So here are the pics of the trucks. I still have factory window stickers with Msrp prices they were asking for them if you are curious as to why.

2003 Tacoma dblcab Trd Sr5 off-road
View attachment 7199

2015 Sr5 double cab 4x4
View attachment 7200

2016 Tacoma Rd Off-road Dbl cab
View attachment 7201
View attachment 7202

Bottom line is most dependable trucks with least amount of maintenance during ownership. Why buy an inferior truck when you can have the best for a few extra G's. It just takes common sense . Lastly Resale value is almost 3 x higher than any other truck on the market. Any questions please feel free to ask. However I think this pretty much settles as to the reason I buy Toyota Trucks They cannot be beaten in any category or clas.. Thanks for reading complete post

let us know if that '03 gets to 1,000,000 miles!

Will do my cousin is still clocking up miles on it. I'll tack a snapshot of mileage next time at his house

If put a bed mat in so he/she doesn't slide around.
Actually Demo Man you're right. The tie downs were fine, but I still think he was uncomfortable. Just ordered a York Toyota dcsb rubber liner for 87.99 with free expedited shipping on Ebay. Should come in within the week, just before my new LEER bed cap is installed. I think he'll like the mat.

Because if you take care of them (2nd gen) they will take you to hell and back repeatedly and take you to places you never thought you would go and see places you will remember for a lifetime. And they are a hoot too!

I originally wanted a s10, but I stumbled upon my xrunner looking thru craigslist. The whole look of it was so much more pleasing than the Chevy xtreme, and it had a bigger engine and bed. I also know Toyotas are much easier to maintain and repair

Back