Why did you pick your Tacoma over another choice?

A new Taco retains about 73% of its original value after 5 yrs. vs a Colorado. about 52 % or its vale after 5 yrs . is what I read on line , and everything u read online it true. Right ?
We've had 2 lexus Suv's and I had 135 k on my '03 tundra and nothing major ever happened to them . I do miss the torque of the 4.7 though.
There's a report with car and driver or one of those major magazines that showed the Toyota Tacoma has the best resale value in the United States, that's what I'm going by anyway. hell, 73% of its original value after 5 yrs. I think that's fantastic but I don't see how Colorado holds their percentages.

I test drove a Ridgeline and a V8 F150. The Ford did make you feel like king of the road, and the v8 was fun for a few minutes, but it was way too huge and boxy, and i think i could physically see the gas gauge moving down as i drove it

The Honda was very smooth on the road, high tech, every little convenience you could think of. In fact I felt like i was driving an SUV, you forget there's a bed in back.

I am a Honda fanboy to some degree, so for a while there it was my first choice. But then I test drove the Taco- it was a little bouncy, not super powerful, but it felt so good sitting in it, and it looked sexy as hell.

and that's all she wrote

I've had toyota 4x4 pickups since 78 starting with a wolverine conversion till current with the 2020 taco. Reliability, and resale value has always been better than average.

I down sized from my second Tundra to a Tacoma, since I was no longer towing a 28' travel trailer. I chose Toyota in 2000, after a 34 year long affair with Ford, due to quality, dependability and value. My last Ford truck was a "top of the line" which had build and component issues from the first year of ownership. Ford dealerships and corporate ignored the issues or denied that they had ever heard of any of the issues. Our Toyotas have been much more reliable, with higher quality from the ground up. When we have had a rare problem Toyota has taken care of it.

Right even though toyota gets crap about the frames .When has any of the big 3 american trucks ever stepped up and dealt with frame issues .my nephew was looking at fords used F-150 ,for 13k u can buy a 125 k mile pickup with holes in the frame and no rocker panels left ! And that was a 2013 .and it wasnt the only one on the lot .

Cape, come to Arizona for rust free vehicles.
I went to the Gran Canyon for my 50th .9 years seems like such a long time ago but i loved out there Utah as well did the big 5 national parks .awesome hiking .got 7 days til knee surgery .looking forward to that !

I almost ordered one in 2008 and changed my mind. Bought a 2003 S10 instead (because it was cheaper and I had always wanted a ZQ8. I still have it).
Anyway, I bought my Tacoma because I like them, I work for Toyota at the Georgetown, Ky. plant, so I get a really nice discount, and I wanted something reliable and 4wd. I've had it a month, and I don't regret it.

I've had both mid size and full size pickups, the other mid size, a dakota, actually fit my needs to a t however could not get dealership to take care of warranty issues in a timely manner, replaced it with an F150. The F150 was a great truck however after 200k miles I was ready for a new one and that's when Ford was really starting to push their ecoboost and any ulternative was almost impossible to find. They had already started reporting problems with the ecoboost so that turned me against a new Ford. Went to Ram, loved the truck, lots of room, cadillac ride, became concerned about at what point it was gonna need cam and lifter work. At the time had been driving a 2nd gen tacoma at work. Tipical stripped down base line work truck. It had a bunch of miles on it, little to no maintenance, and everyone drove it like they stole it, and this thing just kept running and coming back for more. We quite obviously overloaded and abused this truck on a regular basis. I thought this is the truck for me, I always liked midsize and I'm gonna take care of it, not beat on it like the work truck, and my 19 tacoma which I bought new should and probably will outlive me.

I don’t think you’ll have any issues with the mods... welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you’re looking for.

I bought Tacoma vs ? I’ve been buying Toyota‘s for decades. Mostly 4runners, and pickups. I liked the look of the new Tacoma and the capabilities of the off-road. The advertised gas mileage was part of it. I never got what was advertised. The amount of modification that could be done and the aftermarket parts market is huge. The reputation Toyota had with the Tacoma for reliability and resale value helped.
Toyota has a transmission factory in my state employing hundreds and secondary factories make parts. I can at least support those jobs.

Back