Why Do We Humans Worry- Get it off your chest

B.C.

We humans worry about the stupidest things.
Sometimes it takes just saying it to help start getting past it.
Have an irrational fear, phobia, or worry.
Write it down here if you want to.
Or write it on a piece of paper, fold it over twice and carry it in your pocket for a week, then burn the paper.
I have been a nervous wreck for almost a week now about a nothing burger.
Today I burnt the paper i have been carrying for 5 days...yes it helped.

I have been worrying about dinner tomorrow since I found out about it 5 days ago...totally irrational.
Also have wondered if people would come here and read stuff, so haven't been talking about some stuff...which is also irrational thinking.

Sometimes we worry about the most stupud stuff, and its really not worying about it as much as it is we don't have an answer. Even though youre significant other may be youre closest friend and confidaunt its something you feel stupid discussing. Hence, forums where we really don't know each other but yet have a common interest, a connection. For some odd reason we understand each other, possibly offer some advise, have actually experienced the same thing, or just say something completely stupid and make everyone laugh and realize, why am I worrying about this, its stupid.

We humans worry about the stupidest things.
Sometimes it takes just saying it to help start getting past it.
Have an irrational fear, phobia, or worry.
Write it down here if you want to.
Or write it on a piece of paper, fold it over twice and carry it in your pocket for a week, then burn the paper.
I have been a nervous wreck for almost a week now about a nothing burger.
Today I burnt the paper i have been carrying for 5 days...yes it helped.
Some true Martin...I think we tend to worry mostly about things that are out of our control which causes us anxiety since by nature we like to fix things and make them better.

Sometimes we worry about the most stupud stuff, and its really not worying about it as much as it is we don't have an answer. Even though youre significant other may be youre closest friend and confidaunt its something you feel stupid discussing. Hence, forums where we really don't know each other but yet have a common interest, a connection. For some odd reason we understand each other, possibly offer some advise, have actually experienced the same thing, or just say something completely stupid and make everyone laugh and realize, why am I worrying about this, its stupid.
I sure like what you said TT! Right on Buddy! :)

I have met the girlfriend's parents before. I had them to my place twice for parties, took them boating, they swam in the pool and it was no big deal.
Suddenly I was freaking out about them coming now that it has changed.
And i know that they will have questions.
She is going to tell them tomorrow she asked me to marry her on Sadie Hawkins day. I wouldn't even mention that here incase someone who knows them saw it and told them...which wouldn't ever happen, so irrational .

Certain they will be upset about it and say its too fast...i said to her i am staying quiet and you tell them whatever you want to.
Because I don't think they are ready for the truth.

I have met the girlfriend's parents before. I had them to my place twice for parties, took them boating, they swam in the pool and it was no big deal.
Suddenly I was freaking out about them coming now that it has changed.
And i know that they will have questions.
She is going to tell them tomorrow she asked me to marry her on Sadie Hawkins day. I wouldn't even mention that here incase someone who knows them saw it and told them...which wouldn't ever happen, so irrational .

Certain they will be upset about it and say its too fast...i said to her i am staying quiet and you tell them whatever you want to.
Because I don't think they are ready for the truth.

I can see why you were fretting about the dinner for the past few days. The irrational part of your posts of being intercepted is probably leaning on the irrational as you say, but it does feed into your anxiousness. That is a huge announcement... congratulations by the way! That is exciting news for sure. ... but maybe your gut is nudging you to reassess the announcement timing. Your GF knows her parents best and their reaction..and in her excitement to break the news she may have unconsciously assumed they are on the same page when she may want to ease into it if it appears too quick. I dunno... bottom line I am sure is that her parents want the best for both of you and may express thir worry of moving too quickly. Then again I'm probably waaaay off the mark..... when is Sadie Hawkins day?

Sadie Hawkins day is Feb 29.
It is the day women are to ask men out.

I wouldn't have mentioned this before because it was irrelevant and also what if their friends saw it and told them.
Like their friends are on a taco forum lol.
Almost 3 years ago she told me that she wanted to be fwb.
I said okay but that is all, can't get emotionally involved.
Well for years she has spent far more time at my place than her own. She slept over several times per week, and we do a lot together including trips etc. I was scared to ask her to take it to the next level because I said at the beginning that it was purely physical and not emotional. Yet i have loved her for 2 years. I wouldn't even date because I was head over heels in love with her. When i told her I would like more if she wanted to...the flood gates opened. Tears, emotions, she hugged me and cried on me and said oh thank God because I have loved you for years, and just always want to be with me. So while the actual relationship is brand new, we have been in love for years. So we are not at the same place as most people are in a brand new relationship.

Sadie Hawkins day is Feb 29.
It is the day women are to ask men out.

I wouldn't have mentioned this before because it was irrelevant and also what if their friends saw it and told them.
Like their friends are on a taco forum lol.
Almost 3 years ago she told me that she wanted to be fwb.
I said okay but that is all, can't get emotionally involved.
Well for years she has spent far more time at my place than her own. She slept over several times per week, and we do a lot together including trips etc. I was scared to ask her to take it to the next level because I said at the beginning that it was purely physical and not emotional. Yet i have loved her for 2 years. I wouldn't even date because I was head over heels in love with her. When i told her I would like more if she wanted to...the flood gates opened. Tears, emotions, she hugged me and cried on me and said oh thank God because I have loved you for years, and just always want to be with me. So while the actual relationship is brand new, we have been in love for years. So we are not at the same place as most people are in a brand new relationship.
Parents are very astute and they are no doubt very plugged in to their daughters feelings so it may not be a suprise announcement at all. So maybe it's back to the unessesary worrying :) you are so right, yours is an evolved relationship despite being new in principle. My thought ..follow your hearts!

Martin,Martin,Martin, parents aren't stupid, I'm pretty sure they've known whats been going on all along. If there were any problems I'm sure you would have heard about them long before now. Youre both mature adults, at least in age. At this point I'm pretty sure youre g/f's parents are only interested in her happiness and safety. Congratulations, relax, be happy. Wish you the best.

So...been reading a little about DB Cooper, cool story. I knew nothing about the story till today. $200k isn't much money, but 50 years ago that probably set him up for a pretty nice life.

Back