Why is the rear axle off center on Tacomas 2017?

Dacon

After owning the Tacoma TRD Off Road 4X4 for 3 weeks, yesterday evening I got my original rims replaced with a set of LEVEL 8 rims from Discount Tires.
Drove home happy and while admiring my new wheels, my happiness soon evaporated and a feeling of worry took over...
As I was standing behind the truck looking at the wheels and how they look under the fenders, I have realized that the left wheel is tucked in more compared to the right wheel by about 1/2 - 3/4 in.
Today after work my first stop was at the D.T. to check if the new rims (one of them) is off in set. They flipped the back tires and still the same problem which eliminates the rims defect. Next stop was the the Toyota dealer to complain that the real axle is not centered..Before walking in the dealership and asking "WHY", I have looked at all the Tacomas in the lot (9 of them) of different configurations from cheaper to more expensive and ALL OF THEM have the rear axle skewed to the right making the left wheel more tucked in compared to the right wheel. Any reason for this build? A mass fabrication defect?

Nice to know, this is my first Taco. Happy that is not a problem.
What do you mean taco lean on the driver side???

Back