Wider stance

g_chandler85

I have a 2015 4x4 SR5 on a 6 inch pro comp lift. I chose the Fuel Trophy wheels 17x8.5 on 35s but the truck looks too tall. I wanted to get the wheels spaced out so it'll look more proportional. My question is, should I just go with SpiderTrax 1.25 spacers or look into completely new wheels? (I was thinking the 18x12 fuel hostages).

I don't think you'll need more than a 10" wide rim with a 35" tall tire. I ran 305/75-16 on my FJ with 1.5" spacers. Same tread width as your running only on the factory Trail Teams 6.5" rims. Only have 285/70-17 on my Taco with the 1.5" spacers not wide enough for me with factory 7.5". Need some 305's again!

I don't think you'll need more than a 10" wide rim with a 35" tall tire. I ran 305/75-16 on my FJ with 1.5" spacers. Same tread width as your running only on the factory Trail Teams 6.5" rims. Only have 285/70-17 on my Taco with the 1.5" spacers not wide enough for me with factory 7.5". Need some 305's again!
Ya. I'd have to downsize tires.. And try to sell old set which is gonna be difficult. And I'm trying to stay away from spacers because of the problem potential.

But... My setup is pretty new so I might just stick with spacers until I need to replace tires. It's cheaper and hopefully will last me a year or two

Go with 12" wide and if you are running on 18"-22" rims you won't have much sidewall of tire and you **** up the edges of the rims nicely!

Back