Will lifting make vibration worse?

TacoRick

Unfortunately my 2016 has the deceleration vibration. I want to lift my truck but I don't want the vibration to get worse, and I don't want Toyota blaming the vibration on the lift. Does anybody know if it will get worse with a lift? Would a one piece drive shafts fix it if it does get worse?

Last edited:
Unfortunately my 2016 had the deceleration vibration. I want to lift my truck but I don't want the vibration to get worse, and I don't want Toyota blaming the vibration on the lift. Does anybody know if it will get worse with a lift? Would a one piece drive shafts fix it if it does get worse?
Document the problem with Toyota then lift it. They have to prove that the lift caused the vibration. And of course they will drag their feet but there is a law about putting aftermarket parts on and the dealer having to prove that part caused that problem. I posted it before. Forget which thread. You will pay $$ for a one piece drive shaft. I'd try getting the problem fixed first then go from there.

Document the problem with Toyota then lift it. They have to prove that the lift caused the vibration. And of course they will drag their feet but there is a law about putting aftermarket parts on and the dealer having to prove that part caused that problem. I posted it before. Forget which thread. You will pay $$ for a one piece drive shaft. I'd try getting the problem fixed first then go from there.
One piece for about 500$ let me know if you need this company mails to your door, you just send them some measurments

I'd try getting the problem fixed first then go from there.

That's the problem - Toyota acts like they don't know what's causing it. If it is the driveshaft then it seems like it's up to me to fix it on my own. But I'm not sure that I want to buy a driveshaft just to find out that isn't the problem. Mike Sweers claimed that they fixed these vibration issues by changing ds angles, so it seems like they know the ds is the issue.

That's the problem - Toyota acts like they don't know what's causing it. If it is the driveshaft then it seems like it's up to me to fix it on my own. But I'm not sure that I want to buy a driveshaft just to find out that isn't the problem. Mike Sweers claimed that they fixed these vibration issues by changing ds angles, so it seems like they know the ds is the issue.
Try shimming your diff, its cheap enough to try and see

has anyone here tried the ARB carrier bearing drop?

It worked wonders for my '06 after a 2" lift.

Back