Wind noise in 2008 access cab

Mjm1450

Does anyone know how to fix the wind noise in the top back corners of access cab? I tried using adhesive to secure weatherstripping..

It is when there is a crosswind. I'm not sure who it sound like a kazoo. Do you know where you would place the screen door rubber and how?

There is a gap in the seal. The guy that did it just shoved the rubber in there. I don't have have access to the link but I will link to the how to when I can.

Thanks.. I know it is the rear doors. I taped them up and it stopped. Poor design with the cavity that seems to catch the wind by the bed.

I too have an '08 Access Cab and never have that problem with wind noise even in a cross wind... seems to me like Im one of the lucky few not to suffer with this !!! :laughing: :whistling2: :thumbup:

I have heard what i think you're talking about, but only when I'm driving 75 mpg and there is a 30 mph cross wind.

I do sometimes hear an annoying whistle that seems to come from the front somewhere, when I'm at about 60 mph. It will last for the whole trip. But only on some trips. Odd.

Had an idea.

Why not try testing by taping areas, or stuffing insulation in holes? All very temporarily just long enough to test. Try an area. Remove it and try another. When you find the actual area, proven when you don't hear the sound, then at least you'll know exactly where it is.

Sometimes a wind noise can be simply defeated, once you know exactly where it is.

Oh, and be careful not to put anything anywhere where it might cause a problem like overheating, fire, etc, etc.

Back