Wind noise TSB coming this month

TacoRick

I was told by the service manager at my dealership today that the TSB to fix the door wind noise will be issued this month. He confirmed that it is an "exterior molding" that is causing the noise.

I was just in for my first service. I told them about the noise and they said it was only on the 4door model and I have an access cab. The noise is offending.

I took mine in for wind noise. They replaced the front door seals but I don't notice any improvement.

I was told by the service manager at my dealership today that the TSB to fix the door wind noise will be issued this month. He confirmed that it is an "exterior molding" that is causing the noise.
I just had my door seals replaced on my 2016 Limited double cab for wind noise. So far, so good.

I took mine in for wind noise. They replaced the front door seals but I don't notice any improvement.
I just had my front door seals replaced about a week ago. So far, no more wind noise--it was happening in high winds at highway speeds. Did not notice it after the dealer changed them out. If that did not correct the problem, they stated that the doors may have to be adjusted by the body shop......?

please post the TSB when you get it I have had my Tacoma in 4 times and they cant fix it, nothing worse then being out in the middle of nowhere and a cross wind and have to listen to that kazoo noise for hours on end.

please post the TSB when you get it I have had my Tacoma in 4 times and they cant fix it, nothing worse then being out in the middle of nowhere and a cross wind and have to listen to that kazoo noise for hours on end.

Have they replaced the door seals?

I posted the paperwork earlier. They change the seal to the left and right side of windshield to a hard plastic seal. I can still get an occasional noise but for all intent and purpose it is gone

2016 Access Cab SR5. Anyone else have wind noise coming from rear seat area. It sound like a window is open. I report it to my dealer every time I am there but they said, after a test drive, everything sounds normal. No TSB that I know of yet.
Also I have a howling noise that I here when my window is down. Sounds like someone is blowing into a beer bottle but not that loud. It's not my mirror. I folded it in while driving and it didn't go away. This might be TSB-0053-16 that Qwiksndmn posted. I will print this TSB and present to dealer.

Since my last post I had the TSB done and the whistling noise is gone. I'm pretty sure it will solve the whistling on your truck too. Good luck.

Thanks Qwiksndmn, that should take care of the howling noise....TacoRick, any TSB on door seals for rear interior cab wind noise?

Back