Window noise

FYI ,there is a thread already started. Search 2016 Tacoma window noise.
Here is a quote.

"I have a 2016 Limited with the same noise. It sounds like wind and it is very noticeable between 3-45mph. I had it in the dealership and they test drove another vehicle but it was not the Limited. It also had the noise. They checked with Toyota and they said it was normal. They made a case report with a case number. Hopefully others will do the same and something will be done. On the web site Tacoma World I found several others with the same problem. I am keeping a log of everybody that has this problem and maybe as a group we can get something done. We paid too much money to have this problem. I do not buy that it is normal.
Right now everybody that I logged in has a vehicle that was built in Mexico. That would be interested because we could isolate the problem to one location. If your VIN begins with 3T then it was in Mexico.
If you are interested you can e mail me with the following information and I will add you to the list. You can e mail me your VIN number, type of Tacoma, your e mail address for contacting you, and your name (first name is fine for now).
You should also bring your car in and have them check it out and make a case report. I sent some guys a copy of mine so they can show their dealership.
I tried to list my e mail but it said I cannot because it is a link. I am going to write it in a different format. If you have a problem reading it let me know.
bob050346 at gmail."

Bob

I had a wind noise on my 2015 Tacoma. The noise came from the drivers side. It sounded like the window wasn't all the way up. The noise always started when I was traveling 40 MPH or more. So I took my truck to the dealership (Maplewood Toyota in MN) and they determined the noise was coming from the base of the mirror. So they removed the mirror and filled the base with foam. This fixed the problem.

Same thing happens with my 15 double cab. Dealer said they could not duplicate the problem and sent me on my way. Well now it's getting worse. Vin starts with 3T so it was built in Mexico.

I checked and the VIN number on my 2015 double cab starts with 3T. So there seems to be a pattern with trucks from Mexico. I would suggest your dealer call Maplewood Toyota in MN. They took care of my wind problem by fixing the mirror (filling the base with foam).

Just got my 2015 Ted dbl cab long bed back from Reno dealer with wind noise issue. There is a TSP on it now, they added to the door seals. I had previously installed visors, did not help. As this is my only vehicle they picked up the tab for a rental car.

Yes! I have a 2015 double cab and driver side window wistles in heavy wind or driving above 75mph. If I do 85, I get the whistle on passenger window too. I was going to try the visors but not crazy about the look. What is a TSP?

Open those windows... Problem solved!!
Rainy day? Wear a poncho!!
A little cold? Wear a few layers!!
Feeling a little exposed to the environs? Take it all off and be free, majestic peacock!! :)

Back