Winter Thread: 2016+

warmfuzzies

Creating a thread dedicated to winter set-ups.

Anyone have an idea where I can buy TPMS sensors for my winter wheel set?

I have an extra set of OEM rims I’m planning to use for my winter tires but I’m not a fan of paying $82 per sensor from the dealer. I know tire rack sells them for $42 per sensor (aftermarket) but wanted to ask the community first.

Thanks!

I have an extra set of OEM rims I’m planning to use for my winter tires but I’m not a fan of paying $82 per sensor from the dealer. I know tire rack sells them for $42 per sensor (aftermarket) but wanted to ask the community first.

Thanks!
What tires are you using for your non-winter tires?
What tires are you going to run for winter tires?

What tires are you using for your non-winter tires?
What tires are you going to run for winter tires?

For my normal tires I’m using Nitto Grapplers on the 2015 16” TRD Pro Baja rims

And I’m looking to order the Blizzak DM-V2 for my winter set — will use the oem rims that came stock on the OR

I’ll definitely order TPMS sensors as the warning light would bother me too much as I prefer a clean, warning free drive

IMG_0168.jpg

Last edited:
For my normal tires I’m using Nitto Grapplers on the 2015 16” TRD Pro Baja rims

And I’m looking to order the Blizzak DM-V2 for my winter set — will use the oem rims that came stock on the OR

I’ll definitely order TPMS sensors as the warning light would bother me too much as I prefer a clean, warning free drive

View attachment 21094
I’d want the light off too. But it won’t hurt anything being on.

Thanks!
Costco tire center does them cheap, and I'm sure like the nitrogen you could pay a la carte.

I just learned that swapping sets of tires isn’t easy with this truck — apparently we can’t easily reprogram our ECU to accept the new TPMS sensors?!

What tools do you all use that do this?

Tire rack recommends the ATEQ quickset tool but I wanted to double check there’s not a more obvious way to do this without the tool.

Never needed this on my Audi when swapping between sets. Royal PITA

I just learned that swapping sets of tires isn’t easy with this truck — apparently we can’t easily reprogram our ECU to accept the new TPMS sensors?!

What tools do you all use that do this?

Tire rack recommends the ATEQ quickset tool but I wanted to double check there’s not a more obvious way to do this without the tool.

Never needed this on my Audi when swapping between sets. Royal PITA

Ordered the tool from tirerack as it should work per their suggestion.

I’ll report back if it works on a 2018 DCSB OR Tacoma

Back