Winter Tires For Tacoma Off Road

RANDYV

HI, I'm new to the form.
Have a 2018 Tacoma off Road version with all terrain tires.
Are these tires acceptable for snowy winter driving?
Will I have better traction with 4 snows tires?
RandyV

I had 2 sets of tires/rims for my '09. The BF Goodrich AT Ko2 was my 3 season tire and has the mountain/snowflake symbol on it. They were ok in snow, but I also had the stock rims which had Nokian snows on them. They not only ruled the snow, but also the wet slush which is always present around northern NY for 4 months. The main drag was the TPMS light (which I eventually took care of with a piece of electricians tape for 4 months out of the year. I wish you lived in Northern NY. I give you the Nokians.

Depending where you live invest in snow tires - I run Blizzaks during the winter on my factory rims as my Nittos were garbage the second the roads got cold and snowy

*have them mounted on a separate set of rims with their own tpms sensors

Depending where you live invest in snow tires - I run Blizzaks during the winter on my factory rims as my Nittos were garbage the second the roads got cold and snowy

*have them mounted on a separate set of rims with their own tpms sensors
Thanks, yes I live in a snow belt and finding a little skidish even in 4 wheel drive The stock tires are Good year Wranglers all terrain .

I had 2 sets of tires/rims for my '09. The BF Goodrich AT Ko2 was my 3 season tire and has the mountain/snowflake symbol on it. They were ok in snow, but I also had the stock rims which had Nokian snows on them. They not only ruled the snow, but also the wet slush which is always present around northern NY for 4 months. The main drag was the TPMS light (which I eventually took care of with a piece of electricians tape for 4 months out of the year. I wish you lived in Northern NY. I give you the Nokians.

Thanks for your reply, I think I'll invest in some snows then.

Thanks for your reply, I think I'll invest in some snows then.

And you can reprogram your tpms sensors with the ATEQ quickset tool— got mine for approx $100 (tirerack) and it’s nice to have the light work properly with each set change.

And you can reprogram your tpms sensors with the ATEQ quickset tool— got mine for approx $100 (tirerack) and it’s nice to have the light work properly with each set change.
warmfuzzies, I don't know if you're still hanging around here but isn't that tool used just to turn off the light? It has nothing to do with reprogramming it correct?

warmfuzzies, I don't know if you're still hanging around here but isn't that tool used just to turn off the light? It has nothing to do with reprogramming it correct?

It reprograms — I have two different sets of tpms sensors in my two tire sets.

The tool stores the tpms codes for winter + summer and it reprograms the truck to accept whatever set you install.

It works since I can read all the pressure values

It reprograms — I have two different sets of tpms sensors in my two tire sets.

The tool stores the tpms codes for winter + summer and it reprograms the truck to accept whatever set you install.

It works since I can read all the pressure values
Yeah I was going to get one but they don't make one that works with Apple

Back