Wiper blades sitting higher on windshield

droyal229

My trucks a 2014 and the wiper blades haven't been replaced recently so I don't know why this is happening...but this weekend I turned on the wipers for the first time in a while and when I turned them off they went down to the normal resting place in the black area and then rose up on the windshield about an inch and stayed there. Never had that happen before. I can push them back down to the black area and they stay there until you turn them on again. Weird! Anyone ever run into this, if so how'd you fix it?

My trucks a 2014 and the wiper blades haven't been replaced recently so I don't know why this is happening...but this weekend I turned on the wipers for the first time in a while and when I turned them off they went down to the normal resting place in the black area and then rose up on the windshield about an inch and stayed there. Never had that happen before. I can push them back down to the black area and they stay there until you turn them on again. Weird! Anyone ever run into this, if so how'd you fix it?

They may have slipped on the spindle. If so you can realign.
Also, If there is any debris under the wiper arm it won’t retract all the way.

Back