wiper blades

Tacoma fan

Replaced the wiper blades on my 2008 tacoma...the dealership was asking $29.50 for a set:thumbdown:....needless to say i checked on line for prices from other retailers and found Wal mart to be the cheapest @ $10 ea :thumbup:

Really? I've never tried them because they just seemed like a gimmick. Sounds like that's not the case.

I bought Bosch Icon wiper blades (jointless, remember spending over $45) and they were a piece. Never made contact with the whole windshield and already were leaving streaks in 6 months. I got Anco jointless and could notice immediately that they had full contact with the windshield and I have had them problem free for two winters and a year and a half. That's including a few trips to the mud. They work great and only cost I think $25 for the pair after a mail in rebate.

I really only care for the jointless blades, once you get snow in those they are pretty much worthless

I want to get Permatex Wiper Restore wipes for the expensive wipers. For now I just use Goodyear wipers from Costco.
I had the Costco Goodyear wipers. They were good for a few months then started to fall apart. Running cheapo NAPA wipers now, meh.

I have the bosch icons and have had them for over a year now. makes full contact with windshield, and have had them in mud lots of rain and snow/salt. also i use my washer fluid a few times a week some times almost daily. I’m OCD as h#!! About a clean dug free windshield.

I have the bosch icons and have had them for over a year now. makes full contact with windshield, and have had them in mud lots of rain and snow/salt. also i use my washer fluid a few times a week some times almost daily. I’m OCD as h#!! About a clean dug free windshield.

I've been runnin' Bosch Icons for a few months now. Work really well (compared to the stock ones) :p

It seems that wiper blades are a lot like oil. Everybody swears on or off of a brand. I've been debating which to go with myself. I tried Rain-X last year and wasn't impressed...actually took them back and went back to the OLD ratty stock one I had just replaced. But luckily I live in the desert and we're in a drought. Hasn't rained but a handful of times in 9 months.

Not sure what's on my truck right now, but I'm getting a pretty good idea of what to replace with from this thread. Anybody use rainX windshield repellent? I used it on my s10 and I think It works wonders in heavy rain and I could see much clearer in night rain conditions. I would recommend anyone to try it.

Back