Wire push button

JonRod

help guys and girls....trying to wire a push button...but if I Connect red wire or the positive wire to the battery, light on the button stays on even when the vehicles off..IMG_1355.jpg

I have connected the button too the dash lights when i turn it onIMG_1363.jpg

Looked it up on YouTube for Make sure done correctly, added add a circuit, but still not working has I like...
IMG_1360.jpgIMG_1361.jpgIMG_1362.jpg

What I want is when I push the button the light bar light comes on and of, but the light bar (words) come with the heads lights...if that makes sense....

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    959.7 KB · Views: 30
help guys and girls....trying to wire a push button...but if I Connect red wire or the positive wire to the battery, light on the button stays on even when the vehicles off..View attachment 12267

I have connected the button too the dash lights when i turn it onView attachment 12269

Looked it up on YouTube for Make sure done correctly, added add a circuit, but still not working has I like...
View attachment 12270View attachment 12271View attachment 12272

What I want is when I push the button the light bar light comes on and of, but the light bar (words) come with the heads lights...if that makes sense....
Like all the other lights in your truck. I get it. Not sure how to help...

Does the light bar come on and off with your lights when you have it set up on the head light switch? Does the light bar come on continuously when connected to the battery directly?

No...no..it's set up independently with a wire harness..looking for an different power supply...if it connected to the battery the light stays on continuously

Don't the dash lights come on when the head lights come on? When you had it set up through the dash lights did the words on the button illuminated continuously or turn on and off with the dash lights?

Turn on and off with the dash lights...
I guess I'm not understanding what you want it to do. It sounds like you had it working right.
Hope the new switch works how you want it to.

Back