Worried soon to be buyer.

No_Pain

I ordered my 2016 Tacoma TRD 4X4 Sport model automatic in November 18, 2015. I was told it would take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. Then I was told at 8 weeks they were looking at a new time frame of 12 to 14 weeks. My last update I received which was at 13 weeks was that my truck was not even built yet and the build date would be March 23rd with a delivery date of middle of April! Since then I have been constantly researching the model and I can honestly say I'm a little worried now and unsure of my soon to be purchase. From the transmission complaints to wind noise complaints. My only hope though is that the long production wait time is because of these addressed issues and them being fixed by Toyota.

I waited 4 months for them to build mine. Well worth the wait.

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

Still waiting! !! Its been two months so far. I went to Consumers Union where they do all the testing for Consumer Reports Magazine, and they had nothing bad to say. I agree with singlespeed, its common.

Mpg. I live in Colorado where the highways aren't flat. I get 17ish mpg on the highway. That improved to above 20mpg after upping tire psi above truck recommendations but still below tire recommendations.
The premium JBL is too powerful for whatever is holding the door liners together. They rattle pretty bad.
The crawl control on all settings is pretty noisy but on speed setting 1 sounds like your truck is breaking. It's less noisy if it's actually doing something like going up a steep hill than say in sand on flat ground.
The only real complaint is my first one though. The others are not problems.
This truck is awesome. I'd wait all over again, even longer to have gotten one or two more of the other options I wanted.
Hang in there buddy!

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

I ordered my TRD Off-Road around the 15th of January and it just got in yesterday. Once you get in it you'll love it. Don't worry. The wind noise to me is no different than any other car and I haven't felt any tranny issues.

Iam waiting 9 months for a TRD-Pro, i love Tacoma trucks, i find something magical/special about them. Maybe because i was raised around them. I sold my 2008 trd-off road 2 years ago next month, it has been like missing my best friend. The new 2016 TRD-PRO 4runner is helping to hold me over. Love me some Tacoma!!ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1457155971.158327.jpg

Iam waiting 9 months for a TRD-Pro, i love Tacoma trucks, i find something magical/special about them. Maybe because i was raised around them. I sold my 2008 trd-off road 2 years ago next month, it has been like missing my best friend. The new 2016 TRD-PRO 4runner is helping to hold me over. Love me some Tacoma!!View attachment 8236
I thought you bought this for the girlfriend? Off road anywhere with it? Mall Crawler ?

Back