Yall’s opinion on this lift estimate?

TheDonutAllStar

I drive a 2018 TRD sport. Looking for a 2.5in lift or so. I’ve researched enough to know I want to avoid spacer lift, and this shop recommended Fox coilovers.

Anyway I thought I would post the estimate and let y’all weigh in on whether or not you agree with this. I’ll likely to KO2s instead of Nitto Ridge Grapplers to try and pull cost down. Do you see anything on here that’s unnecessary? Do I need aftermarket UCAs on this setup?

Any opinions welcome. IMG_1072.jpg

I drive a 2018 TRD sport. Looking for a 2.5in lift or so. I’ve researched enough to know I want to avoid spacer lift, and this shop recommended Fox coilovers.

Anyway I thought I would post the estimate and let y’all weigh in on whether or not you agree with this. I’ll likely to KO2s instead of Nitto Ridge Grapplers to try and pull cost down. Do you see anything on here that’s unnecessary? Do I need aftermarket UCAs on this setup?

Any opinions welcome. View attachment 19117
They aren’t giving you a discount on the shocks they are $449 all over the web.
The alignment is a little pricey considering they are doing all the other work most places will charge around $80 for an alignments. $95 an hour is a little higher than other off-road shops highest I’ve been quoted is $85 hr labor.
It’s priced fair enough if they are the only shop in the area and don’t have competition.

Thanks for jumping in, man. I agree that I can probably push on this guy to cut the bull on some of the discount/labor stuff.

I don't want to be that guy that asks a billion lift/wheel/tire questions, so I've done my best to do my research and then wanted to post the specs for yall to weigh in with a "dude don't do that..." if needed. My assumption is that I've researched enough to know that Fox coilovers are reputable and good, and that the specs of this lift are sufficient for some basic offroad stuff. Let me know if you have a differing perspective, and as always, thank you, forum, for the help!

Thanks for jumping in, man. I agree that I can probably push on this guy to cut the bull on some of the discount/labor stuff.

I don't want to be that guy that asks a billion lift/wheel/tire questions, so I've done my best to do my research and then wanted to post the specs for yall to weigh in with a "dude don't do that..." if needed. My assumption is that I've researched enough to know that Fox coilovers are reputable and good, and that the specs of this lift are sufficient for some basic offroad stuff. Let me know if you have a differing perspective, and as always, thank you, forum, for the help!
If you can’t afford kings get fox, if you can’t afford fox get OME, if you can’t afford OME get bilstein 5100’s :D

Ok I’m intrigued. I haven’t heard much about these. What makes them better?
Warranty. OME is better.
BP-51 has better corrosion resistance.
The BP-51 is a shorter length shock. This is to prevent wear on your vehicle.
BP-51 can adjust damping and rebound while mounted, Fox only has adjustment for soft or firm. This means that it is easier to set up how you need it with BP-51 ie adjust it as needed when you have more weight.
BP-51 will cost less because you get a full leaf pack (Dakar’s) at the price. Not an AAL. You might not need new UCA, break lines... (Fox will require more parts)
Even with new UCA’s BP-51 cost will probably be less then the full fox with UCA and full leaf pack. (You’re price was for an AAL)
What is going to ride better?
Its all in how you drive. If you are desert jumping or going fast over stuff then go FOX but I’d look at the 2.5 not the 2.0.
BP-51 or Fox 2.0 will do what you need and more. They each do something a bit better then the other. Generally OME is better for over landing and Fox is better at higher speed. Both are better than stock. IMO

BP-51 has Compression and rebound dampening adjustments at all four reservoir dampeners . The place I use gives Light Racing UCAs at N/C if they sell you and install it for you. About an inch more droop/ travel. Wrench comes with the kit for manual adjustments.

Back