Yo!

JrSr2003

What's up all!

My name is Jesse, Im from South Texas, I like long walks on the beach.... blah blah blah.

Just bought a 2017 taco SR5 with 8000 miles on it. I Love the look of the trunk. I am an avvid modder (if that is a word), and I've already added KO2's, plasti dip wheels(for the time being), installed a trd grill, ordered nerf bars - since the ones if came with are garbage - and am looking into a tonneau. This forum has already helped out immensely and I hope to contribute when I can.

On the down side, this is the first truck I've owned in 12 years and since I'm comming off a sports coupe, it has been a trial getting used to the power, or lack there of, of the taco. I'm looking into shift sense or OVtune but am still undecided.

Well, that's all for now! Thanks for having me! Happy modding!

Jesse

Attachments

• Snapchat-3682567.jpg
    Snapchat-3682567.jpg
    677.6 KB · Views: 63
What's up all!

My name is Jesse, Im from South Texas, I like long walks on the beach.... blah blah blah.

Just bought a 2017 taco SR5 with 8000 miles on it. I Love the look of the trunk. I am an avvid modder (if that is a word), and I've already added KO2's, plasti dip wheels(for the time being), installed a trd grill, ordered nerf bars - since the ones if came with are garbage - and am looking into a tonneau. This forum has already helped out immensely and I hope to contribute when I can.

On the down side, this is the first truck I've owned in 12 years and since I'm comming off a sports coupe, it has been a trial getting used to the power, or lack there of, of the taco. I'm looking into shift sense or OVtune but am still undecided.

Jesse
Congrats on the new Tacoma. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome. I assuming it has a automatic. If so there is a update the dealership can do and that has great reviews.

What's up all!

Jesse

Welcome Jesse,
Try coming off a Zx6r lol

Funny you should say that, as I have an 06 zx6r that I also have lol.

Also, yes it's an auto, I didnt know about the update... I i wonder if it's already been applied... Since i just got the truck from a toyota dealership, youd think they would update it right?....
Hmmm

Funny you should say that, as I have an 06 zx6r that I also have lol.

Also, yes it's an auto, I didnt know about the update... I i wonder if it's already been applied... Since i just got the truck from a toyota dealership, youd think they would update it right?....
Hmmm
Nope. Don’t assume they would just do it. They need a reason to do it. You have to give them that reason. Even then some dealers can be weird about doing it.

Nice looking taco are those sport wheels painted black or charcoal ? Can u post a side pic ? Welcome . thnx

What's up all!

Jesse
Welcome to the Forum!

What up! Also I tried to upload a side pic. But wasnt successful at it lol. I'll try again when I'm on a computer.

What's up all!

Jesse
Tacomas aren't racecars no matter what you do to the poor little V6's but the OV Tune definitely makes a 3rd gen more pleasant to drive. I have a manual so I can't say what they do for the auto shifting but as far as the engine tune goes, it was a great improvement.

Back