Z23 Evolution Brake Kit

McGene

I need to replace the front rotors and pads on my 2013 Tacoma. I've checked with the dealer and a local shop I trust. As expected, the dealer is more expensive, but I will be getting OEM parts.
Question: Does anyone have experience with the Z23 Evolution Brake Kit from RockAuto.com or any other after market rotors/pads? I don't have the setup to do the replacement myself, but I could at least provide quality parts to my local independent shop.
BTW, the Evolution rotors are drilled and slotted -- while I'm no wrench -- that seems like a good thing for reducing heat, etc. The pads are a combo ceramic/carbon fiber.
Thanks for sharing your experience/knowledge.
-geno

I wouldn't use drilled because cracking can develop around the holes. If you had no issues with blank rotors before then go blank again. Autozone rotors and pads sre decent.

I use EBC slotted rotors and EBC SUV Green Stuff pads but I drive my truck hard and I have a supercharger.

As said above, drilled can crack.

Ive used ebc stage 5 kits for the last few yrs..... theres some dusting but ibdont think its that bad.

I also drive the truck pretty hard, and will never use ceramics due to them not having as much initial bite as semi metallic.

You would gain some extra benefit from stainless steel braided lines, and an abs killswitch if u want to go that route as well.

Back