Ziebart Rust-Proofing. Yea or Ney?

Ziebart Rust-Proofing. Yea or Ney?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Charlie

I have a 2013 Tacoma, 4x4, Limited, Double Cab. I'm thinking about getting it rust-proofed by taking it to the local Ziebart. Ziebart's total care package is $430'ish dollars plus tax. I, then, have to bring the truck back annually to have it inspected, $45 plus tax. I've never owned a Toyota before, but I've heard the awful rust stories. I live in Ohio ... lots of road salt in the winters. Should I get the truck rust-proofed? Ziebart? I called my local Toyota dealership where I bought the truck and they said it doesn't need to be rust-proofed ... but that ... it wouldn't hurt it to do so. I'm not concerned about the exterior of the truck, I have it protected using Honda's Atlas Butler program (a fantastic program based on 10+ years of my experiences). It's the underside of the vehicle that concerns me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm bringing my new 2014 in for rust proofing today. I traded in my 05 Dakota that was rusting out all over. I personally don't want the same to happen to my new Tacoma. I understand there's a lot of plastic part on the tacomas but I'd rather be safe then sorry cause the truck now has 35 miles. Now is the time to do it. I say go for it

I wouldn't waste the money, its marketed as a dealer add on to juice up the finance amount. Salesman gets a kick back for the extended warranty, rust-proofing, window serial glass etching.

do it if you want!

I am old school & lived in places where there was so much salt on the roads or I ran along the beach & in the surf enough to rust plastic. I always went with something to protect the undercarriage. With the new wax based products I still do it although I no longer live near the beach or the rust belt but go back & visit both often.

Just self applied a wax based product to the the entire undercarriage of my new taco before it had 100 miles on it.

Let's me sleep better at night. Now I just need to figure how to keep it clean when I visit Nort in the winter :)

Black taco;

I'm north of Toronto and all or family Rav4's and two Tacoma trucks are Krown sprayed very year or every second year. The mechanics at the dealership always comment on the lack of rust with our vehicle under carriages.

Works for me! Rust Chek is pretty well near identical.

Go for it.

Cheers, Barney

I owned a 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4....

Basically I put 230,000 miles on that truck and had very few problems. Last year it would flash all kinds of engine codes (after the frame rust recall was performed on the truck):thumbdown:... This was after the dealer completed the frame recall..From what I understand toyota used a light weight steel alloy on those frames.... some of this same Alloy was used on the same era Tacoma frames. I asked the same question and both a Toyota rep and the dealer say that as part of the recall "anti-rust compound was applied to the frame. So if their is a process that can slow down rusting....I'm in:thumbup: The only rust I have observed on my 2009 Tacoma is at the bottom of the tailgate. Anyone have this problem??

Back