1997 Tacoma Restoration

jwoz97

I'm in the process of restoring my 1997 Xtra Cab Tacoma. I'm looking for the back movable glass weatherstrip ( Toyota part # 64831-04010). It's no longer available from Toyota. I'm wondering if anyone has this part or knows of a replacement that will press into the frame and provide the water seal ?

are you fortunate enough to have any of these old Tacoma in a salvage yard near to you?

are you fortunate enough to have any of these old Tacoma in a salvage yard near to you?
I have a pick-n-pull salavage yard in the area. I haven't checked it out yet. The online slavage yards want to sell the entire glass panel with sliders for big bucks. I only need the proper weatherstrip gasket. Thanks for responding.

Would think any glass company that does automotive glass work would be able to help.
I approached a nearby glass company but they only does glass replacements. Any weatherstrip work is with relatively new vehicles. Thanks for responding.

I didn't think of it at the time, but did you try Rock Auto? If they don't have it no one likely will.

Try these guys for custom classics and please do report back!

This is likely the best way to go. I think the best approach is to contact steelerubber with a close up photo of the seal profile. How might I get someone in the forum to snap a photo of the seal in profile?

This is likely the best way to go. I think the best approach is to contact steelerubber with a close up photo of the seal profile. How might I get someone in the forum to snap a photo of the seal in profile?
i'll see what i can do with some photos

When in doubt, you can always get it from Japan...only takes about 3 weeks or more.

i have been looking into that option!
as far as my research has gone there are NO gen1 tacoma parts in Japan, since Tacoma was only for N.A. region is my conclusion
prove me wrong... i am in need of many parts :confused:

i have found old Corolla parts still in Japan only because Gen7 was a worldwide car with variances

i have been looking into that option!
as far as my research has gone there are NO gen1 tacoma parts in Japan, since Tacoma was only for N.A. region is my conclusion
prove me wrong... i am in need of many parts :confused:

i have found old Corolla parts still in Japan only because Gen7 was a worldwide car with variances
There's AMAYAMA in Europe, supposedly they can get those Japanese parts from warehouses over there.

Last edited:
There's AMAYAMA in Europe, supposedly they can get those Japanese parts from warehouses over there.

yes! i have heard of them, i shall look into them for some taco parts USA no longer has available :mad:

the Corolla needed a new fuel flexi line that was NO LONGER available in the USA
i tried Amayama but they did not have it either!!!
found this jobber Japan WareHouse and BINGO got it for a price 40$ and 40$ fedEx shipping

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

isnt it buteful :cool:

IMG_1793.JPG

Is this helpful?IMG_20230409_125215_806.jpgIMG_20230409_125206_669.jpg IMG_20230409_125238_008.jpg

Thanks. That's the correct weather seal. However what I'd like to get is a side profile of the seal with a few dimensions. Attached is a profile image example from Metro Molded parts, Metro has many seals and I'd like to find one close to the one I need. extrusion.rubber.png

I've been away from the restoration but eventually I found a reasonable replacement for my Tacoma rear slide window weatherstrip. I made a profile drawing of the OEM weatherstrip and found a similar profile at Steele Rubber Products .

Back