2001 - 2004 Topic? Let me here your thoughts

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
I know that technically there is a first generation Tacoma (1994-2004) and a second generation Tacoma (2005 - Present). But to me the 2001 - 2004 model stood out as needing it's own topic. The introduction of the 4 door model and the redesign of the front end makes it unique to me.

What are your thoughts? Does it deserve it's own topic?

I think it makes things too jumbled up. It's cleaner to just lump all the 1st gens into one sub section IMO.:eek:

Well, it's easy enough to dump those topics into a 1st gen topic later if need be. I just wanted to give it a try.

Theoretically wouldn't you do the same with 2005-11 and 2012+?

Yea, it would although I think the change in adding the 4 door model and body changes was more dramatic than the changes in the 2012 but it's a good point. I may close it down soon.

I know that technically there is a first generation Tacoma (1994-2004) and a second generation Tacoma (2005 - Present). But to me the 2001 - 2004 model stood out as needing it's own topic. The introduction of the 4 door model and the redesign of the front end makes it unique to me.

What are your thoughts? Does it deserve it's own topic?
i think your right 2001-04 r a little different and my favourite body style of the compact series. I'm not to crazy about the grille though it kinda reminds me of a car in a way. does any one have any sugestions on custimizing it or pics of their custom gril?

i think your right 2001-04 r a little different and my favourite body style of the compact series. I'm not to crazy about the grille though it kinda reminds me of a car in a way. does any one have any sugestions on custimizing it or pics of their custom gril?

you could use one of those billet inserts, Grill craft mesh or do a Satoshi.

I wish my '99 had the 01-04 front end. One of the first things I wanted to do to my truck was to do the front end swap. Didn't happen :sad:

I wish my '99 had the 01-04 front end. One of the first things I wanted to do to my truck was to do the front end swap. Didn't happen :sad:

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I like the horizontal grill bars more than the verticals.

:whistling2: :whistling2: :whistling2: :whistling2: :whistling2: :whistling2:
537533_10200363718643343_230305019_n-1_zpsa4e54694.jpg

Back