2006 Tacoma passenger side front wheel drags in reverse

prtrc

manual transmission. When I put in reverse and cut wheel hard to the right, the passenger side wheel drags. Does not do it when backing up cutting wheel to left, nor does it do it when I cut the wheel hard either way going forward. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Could bad ball joint cause this? Replaced both front hubs this spring. Thx

I'd say no. More likely a wheel bearing. I'm assuming when you say "drags" the wheel (tire) quit turning.

If the wheel is rubbing on the body, then its likely a suspension issue or your tires are too big.

I'd say no. More likely a wheel bearing. I'm assuming when you say "drags" the wheel (tire) quit turning.

If the wheel is rubbing on the body, then its likely a suspension issue or your tires are too big.
thanks. Found problem this morning. Lost the ' wheel turn stop" bolt on opposite side tires knuckle which caused passenger side tire to over rotate. Could not find official name of this bolt. The bolt that sits on the bottom of the knuckle. luckily no threads stripped on knuckle. Thx again

Didn't that wheel stop end bolt that sticks out have a delrin cover on the end to prevent metal to metal grinding?

Didn't that wheel stop end bolt that sticks out have a delrin cover on the end to prevent metal to metal grinding?
no, and it does not call for one. The bolt end points straight down to the ground - does not contact any metal. Checked my 1997 and 2005 4runners and my 2023 tacoma - none have a delrin cover on them

My 93 Toyota 4wd pickup had them. I had to replace them more than a few times, even after slopping waterproof grease on them trying to make them last longer, when I had the truck. Seemed those plastic bolt caps kept wearing through resulting in a metal to metal grinding sound every time you turned the wheels hard right, or left. I guess toyota redesigned those wheel stops later due to that.

Back