2016 Tacoma 4 door model wind noise

wwd2001

Hi Ivee had my Tacoma for about 10 days now and I have identified an obnoxious issue. There is a very anoying noise issue when driving at free way speeds on a windy day. a squeaky howl occurse, it seems to be coming from passenger side window. I have yet ben able to reproduce the sound for the dealer. Ill post more if and when a resolution is forth coming.

My 2015 makes the same type of noise when I'm driving into a strong headwind on the interstate. I put an aftermarket hood deflector on it shortly after purchasing it, so I just figured that was the cause. I'm interested to hear what you find out.

Toyota has a process they need to go through when a problem is identified . I'm sure it's a numbers thing. As the number of the same complaint increases to some magical number? Then the company will acknowledge it and provide a fix replacement part number/ numbers.

sorry to hear about that but I just made a 49 hour road trip from Colorado to Madison Wi and truck was very quiet. Except for foggie interior window constantly.

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

I have a 2016 Limited with the same noise. It sounds like wind and it is very noticeable between 3-45mph. I had it in the dealership and they test drove another vehicle but it was not the Limited. It also had the noise. They checked with Toyota and they said it was normal. They made a case report with a case number. Hopefully others will do the same and something will be done. On the web site Tacoma World I found several others with the same problem. I am keeping a log of everybody that has this problem and maybe as a group we can get something done. We paid too much money to have this problem. I do not buy that it is normal.
Right now everybody that I logged in has a vehicle that was built in Mexico. That would be interested because we could isolate the problem to one location. If your VIN begins with 3T then it was in Mexico.
If you are interested you can e mail me with the following information and I will add you to the list. You can e mail me your VIN number, type of Tacoma, your e mail address for contacting you, and your name (first name is fine for now).
You should also bring your car in and have them check it out and make a case report. I sent some guys a copy of mine so they can show their dealership.
I tried to list my e mail but it said I cannot because it is a link. I am going to write it in a different format. If you have a problem reading it let me know.
bob050346 at gmail.

Bob

It only happens when I am in high winds and is hitting the right front window. Hard to duplicate the event at the dealership but next time I am in ,I will mention the problem.

I love my truck, but started having the same issue. Sounds like air is coming from the door seal and is worse on the drivers side. I took it to the dealership and they ordered and replaced the window seal, which didn't fix the problem. I'm debating going back, because I don't want to be that guy, but I also paid a ton of money for this truck. It is extremely annoying, especially when the wind hits it just right and starts to whistle.

Last edited:
I have a 2016 Limited with the same noise. It sounds like wind and it is very noticeable between 3-45mph. I had it in the dealership and they test drove another vehicle but it was not the Limited. It also had the noise. They checked with Toyota and they said it was normal. They made a case report with a case number. Hopefully others will do the same and something will be done. On the web site Tacoma World I found several others with the same problem. I am keeping a log of everybody that has this problem and maybe as a group we can get something done. We paid too much money to have this problem. I do not buy that it is normal.
Right now everybody that I logged in has a vehicle that was built in Mexico. That would be interested because we could isolate the problem to one location. If your VIN begins with 3T then it was in Mexico.
If you are interested you can e mail me with the following information and I will add you to the list. You can e mail me your VIN number, type of Tacoma, your e mail address for contacting you, and your name (first name is fine for now).
You should also bring your car in and have them check it out and make a case report. I sent some guys a copy of mine so they can show their dealership.
I tried to list my e mail but it said I cannot because it is a link. I am going to write it in a different format. If you have a problem reading it let me know.
bob050346 at gmail.

Bob
Hi Bob
Please send me your case report. I have the same issue going to the dealer on Monday. I agree more we complain better chances Toyota will be able to give a solution.

I had a wind noise on my 2015 Tacoma. The noise came from the drivers side. It sounded like the window wasn't all the way up. The noise always started when I was traveling 40 MPH or more. So I took my truck to the dealership (Maplewood Toyota in MN) and they determined the noise was coming from the base of the mirror. So they removed the mirror and filled the base with foam. This fixed the problem.

Back