2016 Tacoma v6 vs other v6s.

cj2016

Recently had a race against Nissan Frontier v6. 1st gear was even and once we shifted into 2nd I was full pulling ahead. Just wanted to see how they performed against other v6s.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1450036606.594785.jpg

Even though we lost torque and gained hp I still think its a strong truck and Pick TACOMA all the way. I would of loved to have seen the old 4.0 with a 6-speed automatic

2016 TACOMA SPECS
Specifications

. Cylinder configuration: V-6

. Horsepower 278 hp and 265 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4600 rpm

. Drivetrain: Four-wheel Drive 6-speed Automatic

. Engine liters: 3.5 L
. Fuel tank capacity: 21.1 gal

2016 FRONTIER SPECS

. Cylinder configuration: V-6

. Horsepower: 261 hp and 281 lb.-ft. of torque@ 5,600 RPM

.Drive train: Four-wheel Drive 5-speed automatic

• Engine liters: 4.0
  • Fuel tank capacity: 21.1gal.

Last edited:
It actually changes the shift points in the pcm. To give more torque through the spectrum however not good on the transmission at high rpms..

I didn't exactly know too much about the button. I just knew it's a noticeable difference when you press it

I got a tundra with a 5.7 and 2016 taco, and drive both trucks. My tundra has a few mods including exhaust. Swapping back and forth the taco feels weak, but gets the job done when u get into the gas. I just feel like I have to hold my tundra back

Why not just the Tundra? Purpose for both trucks or just because? I mean you can do everything in the Tundra than you can in the Tacoma and a whole lot more...just more truck to begin with if that's what you're looking for. Just curious as to why both?

My tundra is paid for and has 67k miles on it. My company changed plans and now requires us to use our own vehicle with reimbursement plan. I need my tundra for towing, but I wanted a truck that got better mpg and wouldnt be used for towing and very little hauling. I'm a forester by trade so I'm off road alot, and cyclist by hobby. So I got the taco to put alot of miles on, be off road, and haul bikes.

Back