2018 tacoma Lifted 3" problem with TSS

Art Miller

I have a 2018 tacoma trd sport . I had it lifted 3 " in doing so the TSS did not work properly . I was given the choice to remove the lift or have the TSS turned off . I had the TSS turned off, figuring I could get a TRD grill that would lower the TSS sensor to proper hight . Now I hat I have installed the new grill. I have gone to two Toyota dealers to have the TSS sensor turned back on in my tacoma , I have been given a run around by both toyota service departments and they will not turn on the sensor again in fact I was told that Toyota fry's the sensors when the TSS is deprogrammed if the truck is lifted . I still have crouse control but I can not turn it on when Truck is moving as well the digital readout screen will only desplay a message that the Crouse control malfunctioned ,see your toyota dealership. My question is 1) Can I have a new sensor installed and calibrated and where can I have that done, since toyota will not . And 2) I can live without the sensor ,however Can I somehow program the crouse control to be able to be activate in motion . As well as get the freaking digital read out screen to desplay my MPH etc. Instead of the Maintenance required read out ?; Any and all advise is very much appreciated! Thank you !

I have a 2018 tacoma trd sport . I had it lifted 3 " in doing so the TSS did not work properly . I was given the choice to remove the lift or have the TSS turned off . I had the TSS turned off, figuring I could get a TRD grill that would lower the TSS sensor to proper hight . Now I hat I have installed the new grill. I have gone to two Toyota dealers to have the TSS sensor turned back on in my tacoma , I have been given a run around by both toyota service departments and they will not turn on the sensor again in fact I was told that Toyota fry's the sensors when the TSS is deprogrammed if the truck is lifted . I still have crouse control but I can not turn it on when Truck is moving as well the digital readout screen will only desplay a message that the Crouse control malfunctioned ,see your toyota dealership. My question is 1) Can I have a new sensor installed and calibrated and where can I have that done, since toyota will not . And 2) I can live without the sensor ,however Can I somehow program the crouse control to be able to be activate in motion . As well as get the freaking digital read out screen to desplay my MPH etc. Instead of the Maintenance required read out ?; Any and all advise is very much appreciated! Thank you !
I have 3.5 suspension on my 2019 with trd grille and put sensor in same original spot I have no issues. But as far as hooking it up it’s just plug in to adapter pig tail sort of plug

Back