2020 TRD Off-Road Towing?

pinkystaco

First post here and a new taco owner. I recently purchased a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and I have a question that I cant seem to find else where. Since the truck has the off-road suspension is the towing degraded at all? I see that the capacity is 6400 to 6700lbs, and the sport is 6400 to 6800 lbs. I feel like that seems off with the softer suspension? Anyone have experience towing with a TRD Off-Road? I'm try to tow a trailer with a vehicle for a total weight of 5900lbs. Any input would be great.

Welcome to the forum! Alot of the guys that tow with their Tacos will chime in.......there is a few threads on the towing........use the search bar in the upper right corner of your screen and check 'em out!

First post here and a new taco owner. I recently purchased a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and I have a question that I cant seem to find else where. Since the truck has the off-road suspension is the towing degraded at all? I see that the capacity is 6400 to 6700lbs, and the sport is 6400 to 6800 lbs. I feel like that seems off with the softer suspension? Anyone have experience towing with a TRD Off-Road? I'm try to tow a trailer with a vehicle for a total weight of 5900lbs. Any input would be great.
Pushing the limits of the Tacoma with 5900 lbs. The pulling it can handle it’s the stopping I’d be worried about. Does the Trailer have brakes? A brake assist installed will help and a good sway bar. Air bags help too.

Pushing the limits of the Tacoma with 5900 lbs. The pulling it can handle it’s the stopping I’d be worried about. Does the Trailer have brakes? A brake assist installed will help and a good sway bar. Air bags help too.

Yeah its a uhaul trailer that I hear has its own breaking system when slowing down. And yes I definitely know I need to be cognizant of stopping distance with the load. Just wasn't sure if the rear would sag too much with the Off Road suspension.

Yeah its a uhaul trailer that I hear has its own breaking system when slowing down. And yes I definitely know I need to be cognizant of stopping distance with the load. Just wasn't sure if the rear would sag too much with the Off Road suspension.
It’s going to sag without airbags. Too much? As long as it’s not sitting in the bump stops. That’s subjective I suppose.

I regularly tow the uhaul 8x12 trailer fully load with no problems. MPG 16 to 18. If it's one of those haul car trailers that has the front wheels off the highway maybe yes. I would not tow both the trailer and vehicle together. But, if you do use the trailer mode on the transmission .

Back