2021+ SR5 Squat?

skydve77

Hello,

I am looking to buy a tacoma (sr5 6 cylinder dual cab 5 foot) and wanted to ask about squat under a load before I decide. I have a small flat bed trailer in which I tow about 1400 lbs including trailer. Tongue weight is 150-200 lbs.
I currently use my kia sorento (4 cylinder) to pull this and I had to install air bags in the springs due to squad. The kia is a tin can car underneath.

Is the Sr5 going to do the same thing? Ideally I would have a 200lb tongue weight and load about 200 lbs in the bed of the truck, so I would disappointed to find its squatting. Just want to ensure I get the upgrades I need!

Last edited:
All i can comment on is i have a 2020 access cab v6 that i tow my 2k lb boat...tongue wt has got to be around 200 +...haven't noticed any real squatting. Same for my 5x10 utility trailer with it loaded that has less tongue weight. The truck is all stock, sits perfectly, level and has a tonneau cover when unloaded. I keep hearing the need for stiffer leafs or air bags on these trucks, but these guys must be hauling much heavier loads.

Back