2022 Limited

808Diver

First time Tacoma owner here,
Purchased my first brand new vehicle (after regrettably selling my 2004 Tundra) I went with the 2022 Tacoma. Wanted the army green Off road with Tech package but was told up to 1 year wait, so went with the limited in metallic grey on a 4 month wait. Had for a couple weeks now and So far…
Not impressed.
MPG advertised 18-22, I’m getting 17 with a 35 mile commute on the I-5. Disappoint.
Truck seems sluggish with acceleration, did not expect that.
I’m 6’ tall, I feel like there is not enough space under the steering wheel at its highest setting and the seat at the lowest.
Back seat is a bit cramped but kind of expected.
Tech features are adequate lower grade than that of GM product tech packages but whatever, rather have a yota.

Any other 3rd GEN owners feel or notice the same things?

Maybe the hefty price tag paid is making me nit pick… thoughts?

Have a 22 Tacoma sport 4WD automatic and not going to lie I feel the same way at times when I think of the poor mileage we get 17.9 maybe 18.5 mpg. I came from a 2018 Subaru Outback with all the bells and whistles but very time I saw a Tacoma I alway wanted to own one so I would recommend you to let it sync in and give it some time. I don’t drive mine I barely at 5400 miles cause I drive a 22 Tacoma at work which gives me better mileage but that’s a company vehicle and can’t drive over 70 miles per hour. That being said I love driving mine cause the V6 does push a bit harder and smoother than the 4 cyl. However no is not a super quick truck if that was the intention you didn’t do your researc.
im starting to do small mods like k&n filter led lighting and small stuff like that looking to get a JL audio system with C7 speakers and so on and so forth aside from the big bill to pay monthly I am very satisfied with mine.
om the first day I owned it drove it to yosemite and enjoyed the trip I guess it all depends what you driving it for and the reason you choose this model. Don’t feel alone we all have second thoughts as car enthusiast but let it sync in and enjoy the taco drive!

Attachments

• 5D30CA4A-129E-48B8-84F9-D96A35328B8B.jpeg
    5D30CA4A-129E-48B8-84F9-D96A35328B8B.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 4
  • 59F36D5E-DFE3-4B57-837E-B0B30B82BF88.jpeg
    59F36D5E-DFE3-4B57-837E-B0B30B82BF88.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
Purchased my first brand new vehicle (after regrettably selling my 2004 Tundra) I went with the 2022 Tacoma. Wanted the army green Off road with Tech package but was told up to 1 year wait, so went with the limited in metallic grey on a 4 month wait. Had for a couple weeks now and So far…
Not impressed.
MPG advertised 18-22, I’m getting 17 with a 35 mile commute on the I-5. Disappoint.
I’m 6’ tall, I feel like there is not enough space under the steering wheel at its highest setting and the seat at the lowest.
Tech features are adequate lower grade than that of GM product tech packages but whatever, rather have a yota.

First of all, didn't you test drive a tacoma before you purchased one?
They do take a couple thousand miles for the automatic transmission to adapt to your driving conditions, mine was a bit sluggish before i had a 1000 miles on it before the tuck seemed to come alive.
I have the 2020 access cab, and only use the back for storage inside the cab. I like the tonneau cover for when it rains, or snows...keep things in the bed dry. Other than that the truck is a joy to drive. I'm 5'9'', and adjusted the power seat to my liking. Truck is a bit hard on gas in cold winter weather city driving getting 17 mpg at best. I get 23 on the highway doing 65-70 mph. At 35k it was a little more than i wanted to pay for the truck, but having it nearly 3 years now i can't complain about a thing wrong with it.

Not impressed.

- Your MPG sounds about right. It is a pickup truck not a Prius. If you have 4x4 your mpg will be worse than a 2wd.
- It will be sluggish off the line even more so if you have the auto trans mission since your gearing is lower than the 6mt. If you want the truck to get up and go you need to the the revs up over 3500rpm then it will wake up.
- I'm 5'11 with a sunroof so my head clearance is less than yours but that dose not bother me.
- Back seat is cramped but the Tacoma is not a full size truck.
- Did you not test drive any Tacoma's before you bought one?

Back