2wd lift kit

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by Christian Stroud, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Christian Stroud

Christian Stroud New Member

I have a 2020 Tacoma sr5 2wd and I want to get 3 inches of lift. What’s the best route to take to obtain good ride quality and reliability? Thanks.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the Rough Country 3.5". Mine was cheap to buy and easy to install.
    20220409_181232.jpg
    20210322_185302.jpg
    20210930_180219.jpg

Scott Wyman likes this.
  4. OP
    Christian Stroud

Thanks for your input. I was checking the rough country 3.5” lift out and I believe that’s the one I want to go with. The only thing that has me second guessing myself is on the website it says the lift is only for a 4wd and will not fit a 2wd? I just wanted to make sure it would fit before ordering.

5. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

You could call RC and speak to a person about what you are trying to do.

6. Don Drake

Don Drake Active Member

Understand that with some 2 wd lift kits all you get are spacers to provide lift in the front. These really ruin a lot of ride and handling qualities.

7. OP
    Christian Stroud

See that’s what I’ve seen for 2wd lifts or leveling kits as well are spacer lifts and I’m trying to avoid those all together. What’s confusing to me is both 4wd and 2wd suspensions look the same besides the cv axles so I don’t understand why for example the RC 3.5” lift isn’t classified to go on a 2wd on their website.