4wd issue

utspartan

So hears the story. I was out wheeling and try to only use four wheel drive when needed. I had the rear tires spinning about 20mph and then realized I was getting stuck so I pushed it into 4hi. Upon this I heard a clank clank and then the green 4wd light would only flash and front tires would not spin.
Needless to say o got stuck
And had to be dragged out. The light now will not stop blinking. And 4wd will not engage.

What do you suggest the problem is and would it be covered under warranty?
Truck is a 2015 trd sport 4wd sbdc with 3800miles

Upon further investigation I found the small driveshaft coming from transfer case to differential spins freely

Is it stick? If so youbgotta stand on the clutch like harder than i ever thought when engaging four wheel

Take it to an underbody wash a couple times or take a pressure washer to it, then take it to the dealer.

Should I explain how it happened. Or play dumb
I'd tell them you were on a dirt road and went to turn around and got stuck. That's when things went wrong. But clean her up good. They'll see everything once it's up in the air. So yes. You have no idea what happened. CYA. Just saying.

And they don't know what's wrong. After three hours at the dealer. I now have a rental and am waiting on a phone call....a effing Corolla

I agree. Most mechanics unless motivated probably won't look hard or deep enough to locate true problem.

Sent from my iPhone,
Tacoma06

They are replacing a sleeve in the front dif. Under warrantee, they weren't happy wth the leveling kit and wiring taped into stock wiring harnesses.

Back