a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

Make sure those lug nuts have the proper washer thickness underneath them, or the stud will pop the tops off them. Those nuts look too short.

Just comparing them to the ones I recall on my gen1 tundra that came with alloy wheels. I assume those are stock wheels that the truck came with?

I had Dorman lug nuts that came on my tundra as original equipment. I had to replace them due to the tire dealer lost the locking lug nut socket adaptor when they replaced a set of new tires. Never had any issues with the replacements I bought from the napa dealer. There were many different sizes to match up the old lug nut with.

are mcGard a top quality lug
i shall look into locating where those are able to be sourced
you said at NAPA?

Yeah, pretty sure I got them at a Napa store, but that was close to 20 years ago. You gotta know the exact size for that truck, and those wheels. My lug nuts had the security nut.

At the dealer for a minor LeapDay service for the history ledger

AC evap cleaning
It wasn't ice cold the other day near 80 degrees

LeapDay 2o24 CarFax service.jpg

Last edited:
One thing about toyota pickup truck ac units....they suck vs other domestic trucks I've ridden in. Even our prius is barely acceptable. My tacoma's ac is on par with my tundra's...nothing to write home about when temps get up in the 90's.

i sure hope this fresh new tank of BP tacoJuice is better than the last several have been
so the truck is used to around 360 miles per full tank as standard
it has been barely able to crack 300 miles on the last few

Last edited:
Back