Access cab 2019 SR5 wind noise

API

My 2019 SR5, V6, access cab has a lot of wind noise, especially with cross winds, left rear door gasket deformed and replaced under warranty, did not solve the problem. 21000 miles on odometer. Great truck otherwise. Anyone have any possible solutions. Thanks for your suggestions.

Idk, wind noise? My 2020 sr5 is fairly quiet. The only wind noise that happens once in awhile is, when hitting high cross winds, you can hear the tonneau cover howl.
Make sure you have kept the chin spoiler on the truck, or you will get wind noise when on the open road. Toyota engineers have put it there for a reason.

Check all the weather stripping around all doors, windows and hood.

You may also hear the wind noise from the cab vent behind the back seat cushion on the rear cab wall.

I can't say if a double cab, I have the access cab, and there's really no wind noise. I've heard of guys adding an extra piece of weather stripping to their doors for those double cabs.

Idk, wind noise? My 2020 sr5 is fairly quiet. The only wind noise that happens once in awhile is, when hitting high cross winds, you can hear the tonneau cover howl.
Make sure you have kept the chin spoiler on the truck, or you will get wind noise when on the open road. Toyota engineers have put it there for a reason.
Thanks for the suggestions. Chin spoiler is on and in good condition. I am going to roll back the toneau cover and drive at highway speeds to check out that possibility. Thanks again, API

I can't say if a double cab, I have the access cab, and there's really no wind noise. I've heard of guys adding an extra piece of weather stripping to their doors for those double cabs.
Mine is an access cab, I think that I will do some temporary blue masking taping on the inside around the access doors and see if that quites it down. Thanks for the suggestions, API

Check all the weather stripping around all doors, windows and hood.

You may also hear the wind noise from the cab vent behind the back seat cushion on the rear cab wall.
I am going to temporarily put blue masking tape around back doors and see if that helps. May also temporarily block off cab vents to see if that helps, however have read that will make me slam the doors closed. Thanks for the suggestions. API

Is the window itself loose beyond spec?
Any noticeable window rattling?

Windows tight, noise seems to be coming from behind the the front seats, so will be expending my efforts back there. Going to try the masking tape thing first and will post my results. Thank you all for your suggestions.

That only happens when your vehicle becomes a high mileage one...my tundra developed loose windows during its final years.
It can very well happen otherwise
My relatives '11 with crank windows has a very noticeable rattle when closed on driver side at 75k miles
It drives me batkrapkrazy!

Back