after market lights safe?

nedell

Tacoma Tail Lights (16-21)
LED Tail Lights; Black Smoked Item TT6464

I ordered and recd the above tail lights from Extreme Terrain. Mfg is Spyder Automotive. A very large sticker on the package said they were for off road and show use and may no meet safety standards for on road use. Anyone know if that would be true? Or doesnt it really matter as they seem to be better than oem lights. The sticker also listed what seems like most of the products the company makes and may be just a generic disclaimer? Thanks for any info.

I don't know about that particular product but depending on what state you live in and their vehicle inspection process, if they have one, you might have an issue come inspection time. Other than that I have an extreme dislike for people that jack up their vehicles and throw a set of bright lights on and think it's cool. At least take the time to get them reaimed. I just reread you're question, my bad. Again, probably mostly depends on you're state inspection rules.

Sort of a generic disclaimer so they don't have liability for what the consumer does with the light.
Lights undergo some SAE certification standard to be street legal.
Sure the light will be brighter, but it's not as condensed or designed to be used as driving lights.

For inspection you might have to have a light cover or the light requires a relay to not with in conjunction with the low beam.
Sometimes the switch is enough. Depends on the inspector.

Back